am I the only who get different results in benchmark than actual game? I get max 40 fps in benchmark while in game I have 60-70 fps, sometime I get drop to 50 but thats still more than what benchmark say, this happened to me with two drivers, did dry other drivers. catalyst 14.1beta and 14.2beta

• 2 weeks later...

This benchmark is trying to aim in the 'worst possible situation', but I think it's still getting less fps than should.

Also: AMD Mantle and AMD TrueAudio patch was just deployed.

Oh, AMD CCC 14.3 beta drivers came out too.

This benchmark is trying to aim in the 'worst possible situation', but I think it's still getting less fps than should.

Also: AMD Mantle and AMD TrueAudio patch was just deployed.

Oh, AMD CCC 14.3 beta drivers came out too.

I installed the new driver and checked the mantle option in launcher but now I cant monitor fps with neither fraps nor rivatuner

Fraps doesn't work with mantle because fraps can only record with DirectX, since there is no DirectX and only "mantle", it won't record. My best advice would be to search for some console command that will let you see the FPS (if thief even has a developer console that is).

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

• By Wolfinston
      Thief 2 spanish translation
       English installation instructions:
      Download and install Tfix2 making sure to uncheck the "english subtitles" option, given that it would conflict with the spanish subtitles. Edit the file "darkinst.cfg" located in the game's installation folder, in the line where it says "language" make sure to change "english" to "spanish+english". Install angel loader and create a backup folder as well as an FM folder where you please, inside the FM folder you must put the downloaded Thief_2_spanish.zip file. Launch the game through angel loader with the selected translation as an FM.  
      For SPANISH installation instructions check inside the downloaded .zip file, they're exactly the same as the english ones, only difference is they're in spanish.

This is the spanish translation created by ClanDlan, uploaded to pcgamingwiki for preservation purposes.

• By Noenko
      Enables EAX in Thief I&II and System Shock 2.
      With the NewDark patch there's no need to use "OpenAL", It's proprietary since v1.1 and the last release was in 2009.
      These files uses OpenAL Soft, a modern, maintained fork of OpenAL.
      NewDark versions of Thief, Thief II and System Shock 2 are required for this to work.
      Advantage over using OpenAl is:
      No need to install, simply copy and paste inte main game folder.
      Head Related Transfer Functions (HRTF).
      Reverb strenght can be set using alsoft.ini

Tips: Uninstall previous OpenAL software.
      Disable any custom "3D-stereo" solutions such as Dolby Virtual Surround and any other globally applied crystalizers or equalisers. Also, you won't need any old emulation software like Alchemy.
      Uses:
      OpenAL Soft 1.21.1
      https://github.com/kcat/openal-soft
      Source:
      https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=8371.0
    • By LDK
      Template for graphs and data from benchmarks for PC Report articles. It was created by Microsoft Excel 2007 and although formulas are compatible with other applications, graphs design will be probably compatible only with Microsoft Excel 2007 and newer.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 239 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online