Sign in to follow this  
Andytizer

Port Report: Rise of the Triad

The original Rise of the Triad: Dark War was first released back in 1995 (and re-released on GOG.com in 2009) by Apogee Software on a heavily modified Wolfenstein engine. The 2013 reboot, also published by Apogee, is developed by Interceptor Entertainment whose only other release to their name is an iOS port of Duke Nukem II. Their reboot promises to wrap the classic Rise of the Triad gameplay in a shiny new graphical update, developed on the ever-enduring Unreal Engine 3.

Click here to view the article

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

• By Rose
      The trainer displays the current FOV and allows to change it at all resolutions in real time.
      Unpack the archive with software like 7zip - the password is pcgw Launch the game, followed by the tool. Press the keys as instructed All trainers based on CE components may trigger some anti-virus software.

Tested the latest full GOG version and the Steam demo.
      You can buy me a coffee here.
    • By Rose
      The tools allow for support of any display aspect ratio and real-time FOV adjustment in Death Stranding. The gameplay and engine-rendered cutscenes will properly fill the screen, while the state of the pre-rendered cutscenes will depend on the used solution.

Option 1:
      A trainer automatically detecting any resolution and allowing to make the zoomed pre-rendered cutscenes 16:9. Left alignment of the pre-rendered cutscenes is a known issue. The tool also allows to adjust FOV at any aspect ratio.
      Unpack the archive - the password is pcgw Launch the game, followed by the trainer Press the desired keys - ideally from the main menu and before any cutscenes Go to Graphics Settings and select your resolution under 21:9 Option 2:
      The known ultrawide solution made into patchers limited to common wide resolutions and keeping the pre-rendered cutscenes zoomed.

Tested the latest Steam version at 1920x1080, 2560x1080, 3440x1440, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080 (HUD is spanned).

I may have been the first to discover the common sense aspect ratio change solution (as seen on the WSGF Discord), but I am certainly not the one who published the bytes first (looks like it was FasterThanFTL). As such, I am not taking any credit for the patchers but you can buy me a coffee for the trainer based on many hours of 100% unique research, calculations and code.
    • By Rose
      The trainer allows for real-time FOV adjustment in the game.
      Unpack the archive - the password is pcgw Launch the game Launch the tool and press the keys as instructed The underlying script is built around the FOV bytes for Shantae found by czarman.
      For permanent changes or manual adjustment, modify the first instance of those bytes in a hex editor.

Tested the latest Steam version.
    • By Rose
      Unpack the archive with software like 7zip or PeaZip (password is pcgw), then use the trainer to modify the game FOV in real time.
      Make sure to run the game first to let the program detect it.
      Any tool based on CE components may trigger some anti-virus software.
      Tested the EGS version kindly provided by cheswick of /r/ultrawidemasterrace.
      You can buy me a coffee here.
    • By Rose
      Unpack the archive (password is pcgw), then use the trainer to modify the game FOV in real time.
      Make sure to run the game first to let the program detect it.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 238 Guests (See full list)