Driver: San Francisco crashing on startup when Ubisoft Connect is online

When the game starts to load it just crashes to the desktop without an error. But when I launch Ubisoft Connect offline it's perfectly fine. Why is this? Months ago on my previous OS I could access it no problem. Ubisofts fault or did I get banned or something?

If I know Ubisoft right, they've shut down their phone-home servers for the game, leading to all sorts of huge problems and annoyances at random in-game moments.

This is known to also affect Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, and is probably also affecting a dozen other early 2010's Ubisoft games.

This might be a quite a bit of a far guess, but it it might be a similar nonsense as what I experienced with Splinter Cell: Blacklist, where if you try playing that game with Uplay / Ubisoft Connect not working in offline mode, their library for online connections just looses access to lobby system and instead of having it handled properly, just does returns null pointer, that then has no check and just causes memory access violation. Cause Ubisoft is great at programming stuff.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

• By tracerhd
      Why is this game lagging when steam is in online mode? Everytime in the menus too. It drops to 1 fps for 10 seconds and that repeats. Whenever I go into offline mode this problem dissapears. But why does this game work like this?
    • By narakuita
      Hi, I need help.
      I am playing The X-Files: The Game, I have arrived, with the history of the game to find, for the first time Dana Scully in the hospital. After the whole dialogue is over, when I try to leave the room the game crashes.
      I made the arrangements here, on the pcgamingwiki site, I installed QuickTime 7.78.80.95, and set the game to Best performance.
      But unfortunately everything is in vain. The game crashes preventing me from continuing the story.
      What can I do?
      Thanks so much!
    • By Aemony
      libEGL.dll retrieved from Next Up Hero, from NextUpHero\GameGuide\Streamer\bin\32bit\libEGL.dll, on the 2018-12-15.
      Extract to the same folder as Chrono Trigger.exe, so to Steam\steamapps\common\Chrono Trigger.
    • By Drat
      Patch for Fairy/Pixie-related terrain and crashing issues in Dungeon Siege. If a Fairy or Pixie restores a character's health or mana, the player may subsequently encounter missing terrain, and game crashes. The file disables the abilities of both creatures. Extract fairyfix.dsres to <path-to-game>\Resources

This is a prevention, not a cure; it won't fix the problem after it happens. To fix an existing problem, follow the instructions here.

Found here: http://ds.gemsite.org/web/index.php/patch/GET/detail-5
    • By Jenya
      Some patches for Driver: San Francisco.

driver_5_1.04 (1.04 latest version)
      driver_5_1.03 (1.03)
      driver_5_1.02 (1.02)

Taken from: https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/Faqs/000014957/Patch-links-and-info-for-Driver-San-Francisco-1364550447218
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 479 Guests (See full list)