Antrad

We need a "dark mode" for the website

The website is too bright and it needs a "dark mode" to make it more comfortable for us.

I made a very simple example in GIMP. The white parts are changed to value 95, the availability box to 90 and background is set to 80.

Even this minor change makes it more comfortable to look at, while it doesn't impact the overall design.

This would be a good enough start, but others may like even darker mode.

after2.png

before.png

I've been experimenting with creating some overrides for it using Stylish (although you can pretty much override anything you want in common.css file by creating common.css under your own profile - but it's obviously better to come up with something that works in Stylish instead of making tons of edits of the file) as sort of a joke with CDPR announcements etc. but I am getting lost in all the dependencies, especially with stuff on Home page.

1 hour ago, patrxgt said:

You know, that you can just use Dark Reader extension for your browser?

Good idea, but sites like awful like this ­čś×┬áHas issues in the same places where I had it when I tried overriding styles.

Its funny cause i use opera gx and the dark mode is enable. I didnt even remember this site doesnt have the mode.

On 3/29/2021 at 12:56 AM, Suicide machine said:

Good idea, but sites like awful like this ­čś×┬áHas issues in the same places where I had it when I tried overriding styles.

Try changing motive engine to filter+ and play a little with contrast and brightness sliders. For me there is no problems with Dark Reader after setting everything up right.