7. Noenko

Noenko

8. pisti404

pisti404

9. GPUnity

GPUnity

10. SirYodaJedi

SirYodaJedi

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

• By dmeagher101
      One feature that I find useful in PC games but, as far as I can tell, isn't documented on this site is resolution scaling, i.e. the ability of a game to internally render at a certain resolution and then scale it to a different one. This offers several advantages over letting the graphics card or display handle scaling including (1) the built-in scaling might be better quality than the scaling offered by the GPU or display (2) it allows elements such as the UI or text to remain at native resolution , and (3) it allows borderless window gaming at non-native monitor resolutions. Like other features that we document, the wiki would note which games natively support this feature, and/or which games it's possible to hack into. What are your thoughts on this?
    • By onlinepc
      This wiki provides lots of info on patches, fixes and ways to tune the game to work on pc. But as someone who plays kb+m, it's difficult to find ways to tell if a ported game managed to convert controller prompts to kb+m equivalents.
      Any chance we could add this information to wiki's for games ported to pc?
    • By stuttgart
      I've had the idea that the infoboxes should somewhere contain information about a game's save system, since there are a lot of different ways games handle it:
      - Roguelikes (dying completely resets you, but you retain certain benefits)
      - Hardcore-modes where dying deletes your savegame, e.g. "Trial of Iron" mode in Pillars of Eternity 2
      - Only at the start of each level, e.g. Freespace 2
      - Only checkpoint / autosave, e.g. most modern shooters
      - Checkpoints that can be manually activated several times, e.g. Resident Evil typewriters or sleeping in Kingdom Come: Deliverance
      - Bonfire-system, e.g. Dark Souls (like above, but respawns all enemies)
      - Free, manual saving (and whether it also allows in combat + how many available save slots)
      - "Free" saving that still resets you to checkpoints, e.g. Tomb Raider: Legend
      - Manual saving, but at a cost, e.g. Kingdom Come: Deliverance (consumes alcohol)
      - Quicksaves
      - Special savegame shenanigans (e.g. message if you save too often in Metal Gear Solid 1, deleting your savegames if you die too often in Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, voluntary savegame deletion in Nier and Nier: Automata...)
      - Whether it allows to select individual chapters to replay, e.g. Syndicate (2012) and Condemned: Criminal Origins

What do you think about this feature? For me personally, not being able to save freely is almost disqualifying for a game, so I always want to know such information. And it often changes even inside a franchise (e.g. FEAR 1 has manual saving, 2 and 3 only have checkpoints; Splinter Cell 1-4 allow manual saves and quicksaves, 5 and 6 only have checkpoints; Call of Juarez 1+2 has quicksaves, 3+4 only has checkpoints; etc.), so even if you like the previous installment you can't be sure if the next game works the same when you want to buy it.
      This information could be included in the infobox below the "save game location" info. It could just be simplified into a simple checkbox whether the game allows manual saves or not, and a "Notes" field with additional information (e.g. the things I listed above, how many save slots etc.). This way it wouldn't be cluttered, you just have a simple "Manual Saves?" checkbox next to the save location, and if there is any additional custom information, it can be written into the Notes field. What do you think about that?
    • By dave247
      This is follow on from my post on the Special K Steam Discussions, but expanded to include other third party tools such as Re:shade.
      Link to Steam Discussion thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1157970/discussions/0/2650881941771332222/
      Reply from: @Aemony

• By mrrobertman
      Proposal to show support of Steam Family Sharing on the Wiki pages, as some games do not support Steam Family Sharing (this is the most recent list I could find) and this could be useful information to be recorded.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 409 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online