NeoChaos

Warnings are showing up in the middle of the Infobox on mobile, breaks formatting

So I'm browsing the site on my phone on Firefox for Android, and checking out the article for Megami Ibunroku Persona when I notice that the warning about the game's language availability is in the middle of the infobox, before the series listing. This wouldn't bug me too much, except that the warning text showing up like that breaks the formatting of everything below it (screenshot attached, notice how the left margin is no longer recognized after the warning message).

I tried to edit the warning for the page, but I couldn't find any code for the warning message in the page itself. Removing the Infobox completely gets rid of the warning message and the formatting error on mobile, which tells me that the warning message is part of the infobox formatting. Is there a way to get that fixed? While we're at it, can we separate the warnings from the infobox so they're easily editable on the game page itself?

Screenshot_20200810-013236.png

The series box is separate from the infobox, although it does not explain the misaligned width of the series header in the screenshot.

1 hour ago, NeoChaos said:

when I notice that the warning about the game's language availability is in the middle of the infobox, before the series listing. This wouldn't bug me too much, except that the warning text showing up like that breaks the formatting of everything below it (screenshot attached, notice how the left margin is no longer recognized after the warning message).

Thanks for mentioning this -- I've moved the warnings section to be shown below the seriesbox. The change will be visible on pages after they've been purged.

1 hour ago, NeoChaos said:

While we're at it, can we separate the warnings from the infobox so they're easily editable on the game page itself?

The warnings section is a fully automated section that dynamically changes its contents based on the rest of the page. Any additions should preferably match that, and be designed around automatic population so that they're added to all other articles as well were such a warning is applicable.

What editors can do, however, is exploit the fact that the warnings are added to the very bottom of the infobox by, well, merely adding new bullets that they want to appear as part of the warnings list below the infobox. This, however, isn't technically supported nor established, so no guarantees are given -- such an approach might very well break in the future.

msedge_2020-08-10_12-21-49.png

msedge_2020-08-10_12-22-11.png

Appreciate the fix and the explanation for what's going on with the warnings, Aemony. Page now looking fixed on Android FF. 👍