There's nothing here yet

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

• By acanuck
      Over the past few years I've been trying as much as possible to get away from buying games through DRM restricted sources, mainly buying from GoG.com and Itch.io when available, and pages like The big list of DRM-free games on Steam has been INVALUABLE for identifying games on Steam that can be downloaded and backed up. One thing I've been looking into is games that contain ROMs that can be played in emulators. Things like the SEGA Classics Collection just have the raw ROMs in the folder, but some other games they're embedded in the game data. I've found a few bits of custom python scripts here and there for extracting them, but it's been difficult tracking some of them down. For example, I found scripts to extract ROMs from Mega Man Legacy Collection and Mega Man X Legacy Collection but not Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 and Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2.
      If there was a dedicated section on The big list of DRM-free games on Steam page specifically for ROMs that can be found in purchased games it'd make it easier to centralize all known ways to get the ROMs out. Maybe actually pointing to software for extracting the ROMs is against site terms, I'm not sure, but at the very least a list of games known to contain raw ROMs, or maybe even ROMs that can be easily extracted with an archive manager, would be a helpful resource.
    • By Noenko
      This exe fixes a game breaking bug in the Steam version, also makes it so all cut-scenes play correctly, this file was taken from a 2001 disk version that does not have these problems.
      Author: Primal Fear
      Source: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=341051983

For this article: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Necronomicon:_The_Dawning_of_Darkness
    • By Wolfinston
      This is simply a patched .exe from the Steam version of the game that resolves the performances issues, it saves you having to do the hex edit yourself.
      I don't believe it works for the GOG version, but you're welcome to try it out for yourself.

• By AlexKVideos1
      The Steam version of FlatOut is the v1.0 version. This is the v1.1 patch for FlatOut that works with the Steam release. GOG is already patched to v1.1, and does not need this patch.
      Originally posted by Clya900, the patch was missing 2 files are now included in this download, patch1.bfs, and patch.ini. Without these files, the game would fail to load, and shows a Runtime error. The game now has been tested on the Steam version, and works perfectly fine.
    • By tracerhd
      Why is this game lagging when steam is in online mode? Everytime in the menus too. It drops to 1 fps for 10 seconds and that repeats. Whenever I go into offline mode this problem dissapears. But why does this game work like this?
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 343 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online