Scarface graphics issue

Hi

I just got this game from Amazon,and i got it installed okay.When i was playing i noticed the main character in the T-pose,so i followed the steps on the pcgamingwiki Scarface page on Corrupted graphics section:-

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Scarface:_The_World_Is_Yours#Run_the_game_at_screen_refresh_rate

My main character was not in the T-pose anymore,but i was getting weird graphics whilst playing the game(see uploaded images).Does anyone know a fix for these weird graphics i'm getting?.

Thanks in advance

Colin

In game 1.jpg

In game 2.jpg

Title Screen.jpg

I don't know anything else. I'm currently running the game at 1080p with no graphical issues. The executable is run as administrator with those 3 .dlls placed in the same folder as the executable and is obviously cracked since "Scarface the world is yours" uses Starforce DRM which causes serious issues on windows 10 machines.

Proof

scar.png

I can run the game with the DVD no problem,so Starforce DRM isn't a problem for me.The following screens show a different type of glitch(Running from DVD,Patch 1.1).

It's when i use the D3D9.dll from the Dgvoodoo2,i get the weird graphics as posted in my 1st post.

I can use no DVD cracks and they run fine,from GameBurnWorld.

Is there anybody else who can point me in the right direction to get my problem fixed?.

Thanks

Colin

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

I know I'm the only one answering, but this game holds a special place in my games library (i love it more than the old GTA games). First try the new patch (1.00.2 or 1.02 or 1.2). Secondly, you can try another wrapper like dgvoodoo2 and use those .dlls to the same folder as the executable.

If that fails, Try this as per pcgamingwiki https://github.com/ThirteenAG/WidescreenFixesPack/releases/tag/scarface

Download the generic fix and run the game with the .bat file. Then change between your discreet GPU (Nvidia/AMD) and onboard GPU (Intel). After this I really can't find anything else to workaround the directX 7/8 messing with windows 10 on old games. The only thing that saves old games from graphical glitches are wrappers that transform directx 6/7/8 games to utilize directx 9/10/11.

If the game doesn't work with dgVoodoo make a topic about it on Vogons forums in the dgVoodoo section and developer might look into it. He can't fix problems he doesn't know about. Also saying what GPU you use would be useful. Did you try running the game on your integrated graphics as well ? Sometimes those can work better.

I have tried all i can try on these forums,i'm off to post on the Vogons forums to see if they can help me.Bambacha & Antrad,you have been a great help.Hopefully you can still help others in the future with anyone who needs their games fixing.

Bye for now

Colin

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2020 at 9:00 AM, Ladderman said:

I have tried all i can try on these forums,i'm off to post on the Vogons forums to see if they can help me.Bambacha & Antrad,you have been a great help.Hopefully you can still help others in the future with anyone who needs their games fixing.

Bye for now

Colin

Silent has fixed the majority of issues that occur across different system configurations only just recently. You can get the SilentPatch for Scarface on the PCGamingWiki page here: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Scarface:_The_World_Is_Yours#SilentPatch

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, infantrydoublezero.exe said:

I'm just trying to compare the graphics with my low pc specs

it seem SilentPatch is Best Performance but i'm don't like PIXWin and 1 CPU setting cause by framedrops loaded with full textures in 1920x1080

Sorry. Bad English

The SilentPatch fixes the graphics and improves performance dramatically.
You don't need to use PIXWin or 1 CPU settings if you have installed the SilentPatch.