Welcome to the upgraded PCGamingWiki forums and files page. The current Wiki and Forum bridge is not functioning at the moment, therefore your Forum account currently has no password set. Please reset your Forum password via email check to generate a new password. If you have any issues please message Andytizer on Discord.

1. SirYodaJedi

SirYodaJedi

2. Blackbird

Blackbird

3. Antrad

Antrad

• Similar Content

• By Waschbär
      While currently playing Prey I noticed that somebody marked Closed Captions for this game as true. And while it does offer subtitles for all dialogues, it only partially offers them for sound effects. For example, the sound of some of the robotic devices gets described if you are near them, but things like shooting, breaking glass, explosions or alien noises do not.

The editing guide mentions "Text accompanied with all audio in-game." so in this case it should probable be false then, right?

However, I've checked a couple of pages which makes me unsure about the setting in general. Dragon Age Origins has it enabled and while it is heavily text based, things like sounds (or combat chatter IIRC) has no subtitles. Same goes with other classical RPGs.

Now looking at some Bluray movies with SDH subtitles, not every noise necessarily gets described - at least not in dramatic/action scenes.

So I think we need some better clarification as to when CC should be true, false or N/A. Especially with the different genres in mind (e.g. adventure games). I know this is generally a rare feature but it seems even the Steam store often lists it for games which only feature normal subtitles.
    • By Nicereddy
      After a petition a few weeks ago Valve has apparently updated Steam pages to include more comprehensive language information. For examples see the Half-Life 2 and Team Fortress 2 pages.

While this is helpful, it's unfortunately currently inaccurate. For example, Half-Life 2 definitely has subtitle support but it isn't listed on its Steam page. For now at least, please confirm in the game itself whether or not a game supports subtitles, do not use the Steam page.

I also wanted to suggest updating our Audio Settings template to support these new additions. Specifically what languages these games support. Thoughts?

Click here to view the article
    • By Nicereddy
      After a petition a few weeks ago Valve has apparently updated Steam pages to include more comprehensive language information. For examples see the Half-Life 2 and Team Fortress 2 pages.

While this is helpful, it's unfortunately currently inaccurate. For example, Half-Life 2 definitely has subtitle support but it isn't listed on its Steam page. For now at least, please confirm in the game itself whether or not a game supports subtitles, do not use the Steam page.

I also wanted to suggest updating our Audio Settings template to support these new additions. Specifically what languages these games support. Thoughts?
    • By Andytizer
      More details at the creator's petition page and on her Twitter account @KrissyWantsSubs.

Click here to view the article
    • By Andytizer
      More details at the creator's petition page and on her Twitter account @KrissyWantsSubs.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 65 Guests (See full list)