Welcome to the upgraded PCGamingWiki forums and files page. The current Wiki and Forum bridge is not functioning at the moment, therefore your Forum account currently has no password set. Please reset your Forum password via email check to generate a new password. If you have any issues please message Andytizer on Discord.

Andytizer

Shenmue 3 now exclusive to Epic Games Store on PC - Kickstarter backers demand refunds

f39161b437eaee0b9f62abac2fd0e25b_original.png

Here's the announcement from the developer Ys Net:

We are happy to announce that Shenmue III for PC will be will be an Epic Games Store exclusive. Development for Shenmue III has been moving forward using Unreal Engine and the support we have received from Epic has been excellent. But most importantly, in looking for the most enjoyable experience on PC, it was decided together with Deep Silver after much discussion that the Epic Games Store would be the best distribution platform option.

The Kickstarter backers, many of whom expected a Steam release, are understandably upset - the unfurling backer comments are revealing:

I'm getting a refund for my 500 dollars.

Yep, if this game is going to Epic's Game Store, then I want my $300 back!

I'm gonna attempt to be very polite here. I want a refund. I backed for a steam key. You're not gonna deliver that, like you promised in the KS itself. So give me back the money I pledged. Otherwise I'll get it as a chargeback through my bank and you can deal with them instead.

GIVE ME MY "Physical copy of Shenmue 3 in an exclusive, backer-only case (PC only)." AND NEVER CALL ME AGAIN

"Tier: Digital Copy for PC or PS4 (Kickstarter) ($29)
• What digital version of Shenmue III would you like?: Steam"
Odd spelling of "haha screw you Unreal Store" you have there, Ys.

When the game does get released make sure to check out our up to date fixes article.