Welcome to the upgraded PCGamingWiki forums and files page. The current Wiki and Forum bridge is not functioning at the moment, therefore your Forum account currently has no password set. Please reset your Forum password via email check to generate a new password. If you have any issues please message Andytizer on Discord.

Antrad

What's up with all the broken images ?

On my watchlist page I saw bots flagging many articles having corrupt images, some covers and screenshots that I uploaded as broken, but others from the same set are fine, it seems to be random.

What is going on ?

Unfortunately a large batch of screenshots were corrupted a long time ago, and backups have been overwritten. We have spent a long time trying to figure out what went wrong but in the end, the original files are lost and need to be recreated sadly. 

Some more detail here: https://trello.com/c/hxagMLOA/94-some-old-images-are-corrupted

We will be making a project and having people recreate/resubmit screenshots. Our future systems will be more robust.

15 hours ago, Andytizer said:

Unfortunately a large batch of screenshots were corrupted a long time ago, and backups have been overwritten. We have spent a long time trying to figure out what went wrong but in the end, the original files are lost and need to be recreated sadly. 

Some more detail here: https://trello.com/c/hxagMLOA/94-some-old-images-are-corrupted

We will be making a project and having people recreate/resubmit screenshots. Our future systems will be more robust.

How many files have been lost in total?

So is there any kind of batch upload planned perhaps? I still have all the images I uploaded (and going by my watchlist, almost all of mine are corrupt now), but going through them one by one is going to be tedious as hell.