Is it allowed to add a DX12 games list to the wiki?

eddmanx

It was deleted from wikipedia many months ago. I have a copy of the last entry. I've cleaned it up and added a few titles that I know of since then but I can't keep up with all the new DX12 releases.

Is it allowed to add the list to this wiki?

Actually, your request has prompted us to start cataloguing all the DirectX 12 games we already have on the wiki: https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_Graphics_APIs

If you want to help, just follow the instructions on the page, and create a wiki page if a game on the Wikipedia list isn't on the site. (If you need help creating a wiki page, reach out to us either in this thread or, for more immediate help, on Discord.)

46 minutes ago, Andytizer said:

Thanks for your post eddmanx - we've renamed the page here and in the future we could add more graphics APIs: https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_games_that_run_on_DirectX_12

Are there any missing from the list?

No problem. It seems only a few are missing but I need to do more research and confirm d3d12 support. I've only added Total War: Warhammer 2 so far, which was easy to confirm

Speaking of confirming; when I add a reference to the API entry, the dx12 list fails to add the game. I had to remove the reference to make it work. Can it be fixed? I do not have the know-how to do it myself.

There are many small games in the list that do not have any valid reference for d3d12 support and I couldn't find any concrete source either. Is it ok to remove the suspicious ones?

7 hours ago, eddmanx said:

No problem. It seems only a few are missing but I need to do more research and confirm d3d12 support. I've only added Total War: Warhammer 2 so far, which was easy to confirm

Speaking of confirming; when I add a reference to the API entry, the dx12 list fails to add the game. I had to remove the reference to make it work. Can it be fixed? I do not have the know-how to do it myself.

There are many small games in the list that do not have any valid reference for d3d12 support and I couldn't find any concrete source either. Is it ok to remove the suspicious ones?

Are you putting the reference in the "direct3d versions note" section? Putting it directly with the version number is going to cause more issues than just not showing up on the DX12 list.

Also, out of prudence, I would label any suspect API listings using the {{cn}} (Citation Needed) tag in the same way you would place a reference for a particular API version. If it goes too long without the API listing being confirmed, a wiki user will delete it.

On 2/11/2019 at 11:37 AM, eddmanx said:

References should go in the "direct3d notes" field, and not the "direct3d versions" field, of the API template. The "direct3d notes" field is limited to only supported values, as anything else will screw up the backend connections.

Only remove listings if you've actually confirmed that they do not support DirectX 12 on your own, or you find a concrete source mentioning that it doesn't. PCGW generally assumes that edits are accurate despite a lack of reference, so to remove ones that are "suspicious" you'll have to find a concrete source confirming the suspicions.

Feel free to add {{cn}} in the notes field to flag that a citation is needed, though.