Widescreen & Multiplayer for Contract J.A.C.K
- Supports monitor aspect ratio 16:9, 16:10 and resolution up to 1920x1080.
- change Field of View FOV 95 / FOV 110.
- Fix by Spawn for Multiplayer / Dedicated server for playing online (GameSpy.dll file)
- Fix by B.Vorontsov for comfortable play on Windows 10 (d3d8.dll file)
- Fix "Catastrophic failure" error for Windows 10
After setting a new resolution using WideScreenFix_CJ Do not open the Display menu in the game!
Otherwise, geometric distortions will occur and you will have to restart the game.
1. Before installing, upgrade the game Contract J.A.C.K. up to version 1.1.
2. Install the latest Official DirectX version (June 2010) https://www.download3k.com/Install-DirectX-Redistributable.html
3. In the properties of the game shortcut, specify compatibility with Windows XP SP3 and specify the launch from the Administrator:
ContractJACK Shortcut -> Right Mouse Button -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Run the program in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3 -> Run the program as Administrator
4. Run WideScreenFix_CJ.exe, Select FOV, select the aspect ratio and resolution of your display.
The widescreen patch WideScreenFix_CJ will be automatically installed into your game on the way from the Registry.
If the automatic installation of WideScreenFix_CJ.exe does not work, then copy all files from the "Files_for_Manual_installation" folder to the game folder.
Then follow the instructions "Self-installation WideScreenFix_CJ" (see at the end of the text).
5. Adjusting mouse parameters For smooth play and accurate shooting (see picture):
Settings -> Controls -> Mouse -> Mouse sensitivity -> minimum
Settings -> Controls -> Mouse -> Mouse Smoothing -> Maximum
6. How to play over the Internet and how to create a game server read in the "Fix Multiplayer" folder
7. How to install stable FPS for the display on Windows 10 read in the "Fix for Windows 10" folder
8. How to fix the error "Catastrophic failure" for Windows 10 read in the "Fix Catastrophic failure error" folder
Reinstall WideScreenFix_CJ in Restore to Default mode.
Known BUGS & SOLUTIONS
Unzip and read file "readme_WideScreenCJ.txt"
Since i reinstalled win 10 on my PC after having some issues with my previous install, i can't manage to do it work with bluetooth again.
The joystick is even recognized by the OS in a first moment, a pop up comes out asking 'tap to see what to do whit this device' and then it disconnects a couple seconds later..
Current OS is Windows 10 PRO update 1909
The DS4 Windows 3rd party software can't solve the problem either, only wired connection works as normal.
i tried to make it work both with the current version v2.15 and a older version that installs a driver now replaced by ViGEmBus and doesn't worked as well.
When wired, the OS recognizes the DS4 as a wireless controller on bluetooth tab, but when attempting to connect it wirelessly it doesn't even appear at all..
My dongle is a Orico 4.1 bts and it works just fine for pairing my smart phone.
Another thing is that pressing together PS and share buttons doesn't make the OS ask for a pairing code..
It used to work like a charm in the previous win installation, also, i had an Xbox One controller paired with windows before, dunno if it helped somehow to recognize the DS4 as an x360 controller on HID devices before, i even installed the x360 driver recently (recommended for win 7 users) for no avail.
And a final observation, the box on bluetooth generic radio properties on device manager tab asking 'allow windows to turn device off to save power' is already unchecked.
Any clues? Any help attempt is appreciated.
An addon file to restore back SafeDisc function to Windows 10.
Download this file Extract to a temporary location on the system. Copy secdrv.sys to %WINDIR%\system32\drivers. Import secdrv.reg to Windows registry. As the service may still not work due to lack of a digital signature , refer to these instructions to disable driver signature verification in the operating system and sign the driver with a custom digital signature.
Who's Online 0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 239 Guests (See full list)
There are no registered users currently online
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.