Photo

X-Men 2: Wolverine's Revenge Fixes?

X-Men 2: Wolverines Revenge Fixes Wolverine X-Men Widescreen Pause Menu FPS Cap

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OrangeMatty

OrangeMatty

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hello all, I have searched online like literally everywhere for solutions and fixes for this game however unfortunately I cannot seem to find anything which is why I have decided to post in this forum to see if anyone knows or can help out... anyway here is some of the things that I can't seem to be able to fix myself:

1. There is no widescreen option in this game and all my attempts to try and get this game to run in widescreen have failed (I have tried editing the .ini file for the game however it just resets the resolution on the next boot up and I have also tried using HEX hacks however I have also failed to find a way to make that work as well... the weird thing about this is that the game supports widescreen however only on the console versions which is pretty weird and is probably just laziness by the developers...)

2. There seems to be a frame cap of around about 30FPS or so in this game and I have no idea how you could remove it... I know some games break/don't work as intended if you remove the FPS cap however I am not sure if that is the case with this game or yet again is just laziness on the developers part.)

3. There is a weird bug in this game which makes the pause button useless as everytime you unpause the game it just crashes instantly... not sure if that's just a bug on my end however I would love to know if anyone else has had that problem and if so I also have no idea how that could be fixed either so I would love to find a way to fix it maybe because it is slightly annoying in my opinion.

Anyway that's everything I can think of off the top of my head and I would love to know if any of this stuff can be fixed as I cannot find any other information online regarding this game sadly... anyway thanks for reading this and I hope some of this stuff is at least slightly fixable...

*EDIT* Right so I decided to try and run this game in Windows Compatibility Mode using the Windows 98 setting and the framerate in the game seemed to actually be running at 60FPS now! and also the pause menu seemed to work as well!... however... in spite of both of those things now working there was now a new problem... the game just constantly flickers and I mean like a full on seizure flicker lol and the only way to stop it is to stop running the game in Windows Compatibility Mode however if you do that the problems of the FPS & the Pause Menu come back... *sigh*... I just can't win with this game can I?.

#2 Vetle

Vetle

Posted 3 weeks ago

Since this is an older game, I would take a look at dgVoodoo 2, it might fix the flickering issues. Instructions from another game from the same time period is available in this article: https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Tom_Clancy's_Splinter_Cell#Use_dgVoodoo2_with_default_buffer_shadows

For the widescreen option, you might need to set the ini file to read only.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: X-Men 2: Wolverines Revenge, Fixes, Wolverine, X-Men, Widescreen, Pause Menu, FPS Cap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users