Welcome to the upgraded PCGamingWiki forums and files page. The current Wiki and Forum bridge is not functioning at the moment, therefore your Forum account currently has no password set. Please reset your Forum password via email check to generate a new password. If you have any issues please message Andytizer on Discord.

Psherman01

Where are the music files for Sonic 3D Blast PC located?

Question

So I've been setting up the PC version of Sonic 3D Blast via SEGA PC Reloaded, and the page on the wiki talks about extracting the music via Windows Media Player, and then moving that to your game directory. However, Windows Media Player will not detect any music on my copy of the game. I don't know if this is a situation like the 1990s PC port of Sonic R where a bunch of copies were printed without the music, or if I'm just doing something wrong. However, I think I can just extract the music from the game disc and should be fine. The problem is that I don't know where the music files are located on the game disc, so I don't know where to look. And yes, I already tried D:\PCSONIC\CDData\Sound, which might sound like the most obvious location, but that only has the sound effects, not the music. And looking through the rest of the folders, I still can't seem to find anything. Yes, that includes file types like CUE files that would just lead to where the audio is, I can't find any of those either.

1 answer to this question

Alright, PowerISO seemed to do the trick for ripping the music and it works fine in SEGA PC reloaded. I guess if this thread can be closed by a mod or something, go for it.