Sign in to follow this  
Andytizer

Other Places: new video series about game locations

Other Places is a set of amazing videos of game locations with terrific production values and great use of music. These striking and hauntingly beautiful videos produced by @ultrabrilliant, a British games journalist. Obviously created on PC, most likely using various tools to hide the interface and clip through the world to find the most interesting and evocative shots. I wonder what the general techniques are for this kind of video capture? Here's a sample:

Click here to view the article

This makes me want to go back and play through Mirror's Edge. I only played the first few levels because I lagged too bad and it became frustrating. I really wish DICE had more freedom to do what they wanted, their game studio is clearly filled with geniuses.

Thanks for sharing!

This makes me want to go back and play through Mirror's Edge. I only played the first few levels because I lagged too bad and it became frustrating. I really wish DICE had more freedom to do what they wanted, their game studio is clearly filled with geniuses.

Thanks for sharing!

No problem :) seems a really interested use of PC recording to make something a bit different. And it allows me to experience games like Mirror's Edge which I never really gave a chance - although I always heard such great stuff about its art direction and aesthetic I always heard the gameplay and bossfights had some big problems.

No problem :) seems a really interested use of PC recording to make something a bit different. And it allows me to experience games like Mirror's Edge which I never really gave a chance - although I always heard such great stuff about its art direction and aesthetic I always heard the gameplay and bossfights had some big problems.

There were no boss fights in Mirror's Edge (unless you count the one you chase and then fight, which wasn't really a boss fight anyway). There were a lot of scripted fights which were pretty frustrating particularly in the shard (last level). Try doing that on hard difficulty though like I've done a few times.

Sign in to follow this  

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

• By fayaine
      Fixes video playback for Man of Medan.
      Installation : 
      1. Extract to the Root of the game directory eg. X:\Steam\steamapps\common\The Dark Pictures Anthology - Man of Medan
      2. Run Apply_Patch.bat and wait until it finishes
      3. Confirm with any button
      4. Enjoy
    • By Andytizer
      Confirmed to be coming out on PC (Windows 10).
    • By Andytizer
      I just watched this properly and I think it is impressive how well Repawn has graphically presented the Star Wars look and feel.
      However the overall gameplay looks incredibly generic and boring, especially when we know what a studio like Respawn is capable of. The enemy AI for the Stormtroopers looks braindead and the fights look boring. And there’s too much platforming/traversing in this demo that isn’t interesting.
      One of the first proper PC games I played online was Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, and I’m not sure if it’s the nostalgia but it feels like later games on that series had more interesting lightsaber action and fighting and certainly this game looks dull in comparison.
    • By Marioysikax
      http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Rayman_Origins

Higher quality video files ripped from PS3 version of the game and converted to bink format to use with the PC version. Sample.bik and Intro.bik videos have higher frame rate of 59.94 FPS.

Mirror: https://mega.nz/#!BAgliayZ!w1msYYdGrdwebcSNIbd0LQ2OxXFYNSa28Tr-wPKc-04
      MD5: 60AA9C1BA282E53CF693FC80E772CAB0
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 285 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online