PCGamingWiki will use a Single Sign On (SSO) system to bridge wiki and forum accounts which is ready for testing. You may login using the 'Login with PCGamingWiki' button on both the wiki and the forum, which will soon be the only option. If you have any issues please message Andytizer on Discord.

Johnny998

cs source IS NOT DRM FREE

hello

pcgamingwiki says cs source is drm free

while it isn't true

if you try launching a singleplayer game without steam, you get an error saying cd key authentication invalid for internet servers

fix what you say please

they do work, they make the game launch without steam, but what's the point when you get an error starting a bot game

they mention creating a lan server via console which I tried using both sv_lan 0; map cs_assault and sv_lan 1; map cs_assault

none worked

both showed me the cd key authentication invalid for internet servers

does anybody have any clues how to run it without steam obviously without any cracks?
maybe I am missing something?

if I could run it without Steam I'd literally have christmas

CS:Source is one of the games that has been extensively updated after release and which focuses on online multiplayer aspect, so there is possibility that the game was updated at some point to make commands to play without steam stop working. 

Haven't tried them myself either, but if nobody can give any input I can try this out when I have extra free time. 

so I scanned the hl2.exe and the drm is steam

but that's not the thing since it can be ran without steam using the aforementioned commands, but it fails to launch even a singleplayer game

alright so I created the config, before that I verified the integrity of the game cache and all, but it didn't download anything and nothing worked

when I type in the console sv_lan it says it is 1 and that authentication and other things are disabled

which apparently is bullshit, but hey this is valve right

they are themselves bullshit

I'd give a hundred dollars to anybody who would find a way to play the game without third party/player made mods/tools

seriously I'm desperate for it, real badly

I mean it looks so fucking simple it loads everything but just as you would get in game it shows that authentication message

can't it be bypassed somehow

maxplayers set to 32

Steam config directory: D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Source\platform\config

CClientSteamContext logged on = 0

Parent cvar in server.dll not allowed (steamworks_sessionid_client)

Unable to access SteamHTMLSurfaceHud element 'CHudVote' doesn't have an entry 'CHudVote' in scripts/HudLayout.res

Unknown command "cl_thirdperson"

Can't use cheat cvar cam_snapto in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar cam_ideallag in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar cam_idealdelta in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar cam_idealyaw in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar cam_idealpitch in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar cam_idealdist in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar cam_idealdistright in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar cam_idealdistup in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar cam_collision in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar c_maxpitch in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar c_minpitch in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar c_maxyaw in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar c_minyaw in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar c_maxdistance in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar c_mindistance in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar c_orthowidth in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar c_orthoheight in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar cl_upspeed in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar cl_forwardspeed in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar cl_backspeed in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Unknown command "weapon_accuracy_logging"

Unknown command "weapon_accuracy_model"

Unknown command "mat_spewalloc"

Can't use cheat cvar fog_start in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar fog_end in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar fog_startskybox in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar fog_endskybox in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

Can't use cheat cvar r_farz in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

] sv_lan 1; map cs_assault

Network: IP 192.168.1.10, mode MP, dedicated No, ports 27015 SV / 27005 CL

Using map cycle file 'cfg/mapcycle_default.txt'.  ('cfg/mapcycle.txt' was not found.)

Attempted to create unknown entity type info_ladder!

Can't init info_ladder

Set motd from file 'cfg/motd_default.txt'.  ('cfg/motd.txt' was not found.)

Set motd_text from file 'cfg/motd_text_default.txt'.  ('cfg/motd_text.txt' was not found.)

'listenserver.cfg' not present; not executing.

CD Key authentication invalid for internet servers.

this is the whole console from start of the game until the message

I wouldn't trust inputting more commands at time, if I were you.

Also, should I suppose server.cfg has those couple of commands too?

but don't all those tools require Steam? don't forget I'm looking for a way that doesn't require Steam/any DRM, nor any third party programs/mods

No, they don't. And they aren't third party.

The "resources" used by standalone server + client shouldn't be ideally different from those of client+server, so in this sense as long as they are still working offline.. I guess profit.

I'm not gonna fuck around with some stupid steam tools in order to launch it if it's not even proven it would work

I want it drm free to back it up on my external hdd, not with some shitty tools along with it, which themselves require internet connection

if cs is like that, well then fuck it, I don't give a fuck