List of PCGW issues

Blackbird

List of visual bugs and suggested improvements. If someone finds something I'll add it to OP.

Editing page [Regression]
Template icons are too big
w04nR2G.png?1

Infobox text isn't wide enough [Regression]
This also applies to the Series box
FH3VjFa.png?1fnt8aoO.png?2

Missing template shortcuts [improvement]

• Availability on its own not just row.
  • Language in its current state is just "row". There should be whole one too as in Sample article.
  • Image shortcut still uses [[File:]] instead of {{Image|}}
  • {{code|}}

On company pages you don't see first and last release date of engines anymore. The value is there, but it's not displayed.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Company:Valve_Corporation

Thanks for fixing the Android icon. Removed now!

I also made the thread so I can easily track all the bugs I come across since some are fairly hidden.

8. Not sure what you mean by this. What was it supposed to do?

He literally said to replace the tooltip with something more informative. Instead of whatever it says now each DRM icon should have it's own unique description when you hover over. "Glossary:Disc Check" would be replaced with an actual description..

Uhh I should've crossed out the bug. Now I caused confusion :D

And yes. So far most of them don't have any.

Disc Check could be for example The game requires disc to be present in CD/DVD drive

Uhh I should've crossed out the bug. Now i caused confusion :D

Which one and what confusion?

Which one and what confusion?

I removed the entry about the Android icon bug so Soeb's numbered answers shifted now. I think 8 was supposed to be about the engine releases I think

EDIT: Added new bug.

I removed the entry about the Android icon bug so Soeb's numbered answers shifted now. I think 8 was supposed to be about the engine releases I think

EDIT: Added new bug.

Ah, I thought that was about the tooltip. Ideally others should quote your messages instead to avoid more confusion.

Can't say much about most of these points, but perhaps it's time to add icons for more DRM systems?  For example, a dedicated SafeDisc icon, a SecuROM icon, a Tages icon, a picture of an optical disc drive with a question mark for "Disc must be in system," etc.  I can see this being particularly helpful, especially when SecuROM and Starforce are thrown into the mix.

Can't say much about most of these points, but perhaps it's time to add icons for more DRM systems?  For example, a dedicated SafeDisc icon, a SecuROM icon, a Tages icon, a picture of an optical disc drive with a question mark for "Disc must be in system," etc.  I can see this being particularly helpful, especially when SecuROM and Starforce are thrown into the mix.

Different game editions (eg: released in different territories) have even different DRMs.

For as much as it can become quite long, a ton of icons are going to look like a joke.

• 1 month later...

Also, yesterday I tried to start half life under linux, and I noticed that it required steam.

Iirc at least some years ago on windows it didn't (idk now).

Nevertheless, I was thinking that technically we should state DRMs per every OS (other than the obvious per-edition)

• 1 month later...

Quick question: how about SLI/Crossfire?

​It seems a bit mixed, the way we talk about this now.  Sometimes it's a {{--}}key point, other times it's left as a FixBox.  I think a dedicated Video Settings spot for Multi-GPU configurations may be a good addition to the normal Video Settings chart, right next to 4K and Windowed.  A clear Native/Hackable/No might be a good addition to this chart, to make talking about multi-GPU setups a bit more standardized.

Similar to how I recommended to handle the nvidia inspector flags (which like multi-gpu are.. yes, game-specifc, but first of all driver-specific)..

Why can't there be a single "database" and people who need it check/download/sync that, stop?

Is there something special that you usually have to tinker in games for crossfire/sli?

• 3 months later...

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 343 Guests (See full list)