Welcome to the upgraded PCGamingWiki forums and files page. The current Wiki and Forum bridge is not functioning at the moment, therefore your Forum account currently has no password set. Please reset your Forum password via email check to generate a new password. If you have any issues please message Andytizer on Discord.

Marioysikax

AA, AF, Vsync and forcing through GPU

Does the same happen with 4xAA selected?

Does it do the same if you put the intro videos back?

Are you playing in Windowed mode? That might be a possibility. Try FSE.

Also: On try a 16:10 resolution or 4:3 too, you never know.

I'm surprised the CSAA option is working for you. Do you have a Pre Maxwell card?

Can I safely force AA globally in Nvidia control panel (override any AA setting, 32x CSAA)? I don't like to configure individually for every game, I must have over 100 games I can force proper AA to.

I know that forcing AF causes some issues (disables effects in Alan Wake, causes flickering in id Tech 5 game The Evil Within).

It will cause issues in some games. And in the majority it will do absolutely nothing.

First i've heard of AF causing issues in AW. Nvidia has built in overrides for games that have issues with AF, making it so you can't force it unless you disable the lock they have on each profile.

As for anisotropic filtering, setting value to "unsupported" instead of "hackable" is counter-intuitive as, as you say, for 99% video games the option is indeed hackable - you can force it through GPU control panel. My take is you should set "unsupported" instead of "hackable" only if forcing through GPU control panel doesn't change anything.