Wiki Style Requests and Other

Is it ever going to be fixed? Right now the wiki looks terrible because of that. The skin itself doesn't seem ready yet. It's making the wiki look really bad in my mind.

3xGb5KV.png

(My CSS)
A6LR8sx.png

Everything looks so ugly to me. The shadows give me an unfinished vibe, and I think they look crap. I liked the more simplistic look the other old skin had.
gf8kOUG.pngARCsUtu.png

I'm very happy with the way the new skin looks. I'm not sure I'd describe what you've written as 'major' issues.

IMO the compressed text spacing is better than the one with too much padding.

I'm very happy with the way the new skin looks. I'm not sure I'd describe what you've written as 'major' issues.

IMO the compressed text spacing is better than the one with too much padding.

It looks terrible... and it's really hard to read, I'm not sure how you can possibly stand this. The whole skin is a big mess in my mind, why it was released already is beyond me, I honestly wouldn't had minded the old skin for a little longer while most issues were ironed out.

This doesn't seem like an intended feature. (ignore the picture not loading)

gOvZvLb.png

I've already brought up these issues, they should be pretty easy to fix, I've been told to fix these things myself but I'm not going to do that, it's not my responsibility, I shouldn't have to do such a thing.

I'm going to have to agree with Ratchet with regards to the line height issue on Recent Changes, with more padding it's much more readable IMO. I'll add that to the bug tracker, bug me about it if it isn't changed by the end of the weekend.

With regards to the other comments, I'm more than open to criticism, and I don't mean to imply that my work is "infallible", but certainly there are more productive ways of giving feedback than telling us "it doesn't look very finished yet"? Soeb and I have developed this entirely in our free time over the last seven months, and it is discouraging to see this kind of reaction.

I was told the font rendering was a problem, but never directly, and I tried repeatedly to fix the problem, but unfortunately the CSS font-rendering property, messing with letter-spacing, or switching out the font never seemed to fix things. As I've recently started college, and only have my MacBook with me, I have no access to a Windows machine to test with. Unfortunately, because of this I'm not able to fix the issue myself at present.

We intend to open source the skin within the next few days, so if anyone wants to submit a patch to try to fix it, that'd be greatly appreciated. Currently I'd like to avoid using a fallback to Helvetica/Arial as a fix for the problem, if possible, but unfortunately we may have to do that. This brings with it its own problems, as Helvetica has different line height, letter spacing, etc. than Open Sans.

The only real issue with RecentChanges is that the timestamp is slightly out of line with the right-hand text which is a line-height issue, it could be increased slightly.

The new way that MediaWiki displays and groups RecentChanges means that 50 entries looks quite small. We could try defaulting it to 100 or 250, e.g. http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Special:RecentChanges/250

I didn't really bother giving out any extensive or overly detailed feedback seeing as I'm not directly involved, I thought whoever was working on this could figure out the rest, seeing as I work a whole lot better with actual people, I don't work as well over the internet. I'm also used to really vague feedback, but that's just me.

I was just a little bit dissapointed, I had slightly higher expectations from this and it doesn't all feel as ironed out as it should be, the wiki is already pretty big at the moment, and first impressions mean everything to new users, as the wiki grows such important decisions need to taken a bit more thoughtfully.

I'm way pickier than your average guy anyway, so I don't know, don't take what I say too personally or for granted. I never mean to offend or hurt anyone's feelings.

I'm going to have to agree with Ratchet with regards to the line height issue on Recent Changes, with more padding it's much more readable IMO. I'll add that to the bug tracker, bug me about it if it isn't changed by the end of the weekend.

With regards to the other comments, I'm more than open to criticism, and I don't mean to imply that my work is "infallible", but certainly there are more productive ways of giving feedback than telling us "it doesn't look very finished yet"? Soeb and I have developed this entirely in our free time over the last seven months, and it is discouraging to see this kind of reaction.

I was told the font rendering was a problem, but never directly, and I tried repeatedly to fix the problem, but unfortunately the CSS font-rendering property, messing with letter-spacing, or switching out the font never seemed to fix things. As I've recently started college, and only have my MacBook with me, I have no access to a Windows machine to test with. Unfortunately, because of this I'm not able to fix the issue myself at present.

We intend to open source the skin within the next few days, so if anyone wants to submit a patch to try to fix it, that'd be greatly appreciated. Currently I'd like to avoid using a fallback to Helvetica/Arial as a fix for the problem, if possible, but unfortunately we may have to do that. This brings with it its own problems, as Helvetica has different line height, letter spacing, etc. than Open Sans.

Sounds like someone needs a Guinea pig. :) PM me if you'd be interested in having a person who can test web code on their Windows desktop.

Another thing. Why is Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on 2 lines? In old skin it fit just perfectly. I assume OS X, Linux in that image is same issue. As seen on Arkham Knight page.

FH3VjFa.png?1fnt8aoO.png?2

(btw sorry for hijacking this thread, but didn't want to make new one for regressions :()

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 290 Guests (See full list)