Split/Second: Annoying Cutscenes

SURPCAmour

The game seems to be extremely unpopular so I couldn't find anything on the web:

Is there anyway to effectively disable/remove in-game cutscenes ("Coming Up"s and "Next Time"s)?

They're annoying and unskippable and simply removing them does not work: the irrelevantly TV like subtitles are still shown and then there's black screen.

THX in advance.

These are .bik video files under data\movies\season in the installation folder. I don't have this game to test but usually you can simply rename/delete .bik files to skip over them.

A few games will show errors if .bik files are missing, so in that case you'd need to replace them with blank .bik files (you can make these yourself or grab any replacement from the wiki, e.g. Haegemonia: Legions of Iron intro skip, and use a renamed copy for each file).

Ah, so it's playing the FMV as a background for manual subtitle text. Unfortunately there's not much you can do in that case without some way of editing whatever file contains the subtitles.

Well only the Next Time vieos, playing at the end of an episode have subtitles (which I believe are some texture files rather than text files), the Coming Up videos that'll cause black screen if removed, don't have any subtitles or any other text. As I mentioned before there's barely any information about it on the net so there are no mod/edit tools available anywhere. Thanks again.

Edit: Aluigi has a bms script for the game though I don't think the game will work with edited archives or extracted files; if I manage to work it that is. Anyway will report again.

But why would you want to remove them? They're only like 30 seconds each.

If I had to mod the game I would probably go insane. Mass Effect 2 had a similar thing too.

Edit: Nope, stops working. God damn Disney!

Finally DONE; out of nowhere I thought that maybe it has something to do with the bink files being empty, so I replaced one with an abrupt bink from PURE (fadefromblack.bik or sth like that) and so far it has worked without any problem, so I think you can replace them with any bink files regardless of length and size, just no empty ones!

Finally DONE; out of nowhere I thought that maybe it has something to do with the bink files being empty, so I replaced one with an abrupt bink from PURE (fadefromblack.bik or sth like that) and so far it has worked without any problem, so I think you can replace them with any bink files regardless of length and size, just no empty ones!

I was going to ask if you could do something like that but nevermind, hurray. Could you upload the file from PURE on PCGW?

I never got it to work, I once made a 1 second long black video but it always crashed the game, but if you can get it to work then that would be cool.

I never got it to work, I once made a 1 second long black video but it always crashed the game, but if you can get it to work then that would be cool.

Well I made the file, barely a second, and it works BUT I'm of pretty low level so I cannot upload any files yet.

Well I made the file, barely a second, and it works BUT I'm of pretty low level so I cannot upload any files yet.

I was able to but I had to get them approved at first. Could you upload it on mediafire then or something like that?