PCGamingWiki Skin v3.0

Nicereddy

This is really, really good I'm absolutely loving the new design. I assume all the font and such is placeholder? The navigation bar at the top would definitely need to be changed to be a bit easier on the eyes and the stub/cleanup icons could be reduced in size to be inline with the text but aside from that it's very clean and organized. I absolutely look forward to seeing this progress further.

The font right now is Segoe UI, which I rather like. Are you seeing something different (Linux doesn't come with Segoe, AFAIK), or would you just prefer a different font?

Some CSS change seem to be the source of the problem. Those templates don't have that issue on the old skin. It would be better to fix it in the CSS.

I'll have to play around some more with it then. In order to get it working the way I want, with the tag spanning the full width of the page, I need to use absolute positioning. Unfortunately, this takes it "out of the document flow", which requires I utilize extra padding <div>'s so content doesn't run under the tags. So that's why the tags aren't working the same as they were in the previous version. 

The font right now is Segoe UI, which I rather like. Are you seeing something different (Linux doesn't come with Segoe, AFAIK), or would you just prefer a different font?

p5oC3M.png

This is currently what I see. The one in your screenshot however would be absolutely fine:

Q8hS9V.png

Just seems like it needs to be bolded. Maybe it's a CSS issue between browsers? I'm currently running Firefox.

Oh, I noticed this but forgot to mention it - definitely an issue, but mostly with Windows having the worst font rendering. Looks all pretty on Linux.

But yeah, something has to be changed there.

Simple fix, don't use Windows :P

p5oC3M.png

This is currently what I see. The one in your screenshot however would be absolutely fine:

Q8hS9V.png

Just seems like it needs to be bolded. Maybe it's a CSS issue between browsers? I'm currently running Firefox.

Unfortunately I can't test this very well since Windows renders text differently from OS X, but I've applied font smoothing for WebKit browsers and Firefox. I think that should fix your issue?

It didn't, I'm not sure why the font rendering is all messed up on Windows :/

Considering the font we're using - Segoe UI - is the bloody typeface they used in Microsoft's logo you'd think they'd have optimized it for use with Windows.

Repost from IRC: I like the colors, but I'd prefer single pixel line border around tables instead of dark glow. Here is my mockup and with system requirements table with tabs idea:

8sFki4F.png

I really like the tabbed system requirements table idea, so I'll keep pestering Soeb about that one ;)

As for the border, I personally like the drop shadow from a stylistic perspective, and I think it has enough contrast to be able to differentiate. I can increase the darkness of the drop shadow if you think that'd help, but I'm going to be a bit stubborn about changing it unless there are any other alternatives besides the border.

It definitely has enough contrast to differentiate, I just feel like 5 pixel wide border is a bit too much. This is just a personal preference though, keep the shadow if you like it more.

• 2 weeks later...

Some feedback regarding the look (after some review):

• There should be some dividers for the table headers. It would keep it more organized and slightly easier to read. Use white for the colour.
  • Put back in the wiki-style table of contents. Just the button by itself makes it look "incomplete".
    • A suggestion: add the old TOC back while using the current button as a "constant" version when the main list is not visible (i.e. hide the button when at the top of the page).

Otherwise, I can't find any other glaring issues for now. Looks good.