Update: I have found an alternative method to skip the intro videos, which I have added to the wiki page as Method 2.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Tom_Clancy%27s_Splinter_Cell:_Chaos_Theory#Essential_improvements

I'm attemping to follow the suggestion on the wiki page for Chaos Theory to remove the intro movies, along with the widescreen suggestions.

Skip intro videos • Link

Icon_fix.png Edit startup video playlist

1. Open SplinterCell3.ini
  2. Comment (put a semicolon in front of) these lines: LogosVideo=logos_PC.bik (line 15) SplashVideo=introteaser_PC.bik (line 17) ESRBVideo=ESRB.bik (line 18)
  3. Save the ini file.

Icon_fix.png Widescreen - Singleplayer

1. Open SplinterCell3.ini
  2. Adjust the following fields:
FullscreenViewportX= (line 98)FullscreenViewportY= (line 99)

Unfortunately neither seem to be working.  I've opened the correct files, commented out the lines and set my own X and Y resolution.  The game is ignoring them however.  The odd thing is that it isn't overwriting the files or anything, which makes me think the game ignores these files entirely for some reason.  I'm running the game through Steam, if it helps..

AcFBPYg.png

bmko3kn.png

From your screenshots it looks like you're editing the wrong file. You're editing files in the installation folder whereas the game page lists %PROGRAMDATA% (which is a different location). You should be able to paste the path as provided to go directly to the correct location.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

• By istvanszabo890629
      This is the offical Hungarian translation for 'Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow', extractred from the Retail version of the game. Tested only with 'Retail' version of the game, but it have to work with other releases (any future Digital version, if will be available once). The password for the archive is: pcgw.
      In Hungarian: Ez a hivatalos magyar nyelvű fordítás a Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow című játékhoz, amihez a idehaza megjelent dobozos változatból lettek a fájlok kinyerve. Csak a 'Dobozos' változattal lett tesztelve, de működnie kell más forrásból származó verziókkal is, (egyéb dobozos változatok vagy jövőbéli digitális változatokhoz, ha elérhetővé válik). Az archívumot a pcgw jelszó védi. 
    • By Luigi master89
      This is a hack by Jackfuste which allows for widescreen resolutions to display properly instead of being stretched, additionally UI elements are unstretched and sit in the corners, and other 2D elements are centered, however loading screen graphics are stretched.  This fix was downloaded from this forum:
      https://www.wsgf.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=32562
      All credit goes to Jackfuste, I am merely uploading a mirror.  This was tested on a cracked retail version of the game, it is unknown if it will also work on a Windows XP system using StarForce protection.
    • By WSGF
      Baseline (Widescreen) Solution & Issues English version:
      Replace Emperor.exe and DATA folder depending on your resolution.
      Polish version:
      Replace Emperor.exe and DATA folder depending on your resolution.
      Russian version (7Wolf):
      Replace Emperor-Rus.exe and DATA folder depending on your resolution.

See the Detailed Report on WSGF for additional information.
    • By killer-m
      Features:
      HOR+ FOV All supported screen resolutions are visible in the game menu Black bars removed from cut-scenes Installation:
      Unpack the archive
      Copy all files to the game folder "Stranglehold\Binaries\"
      Hotkeys:
      F5 - FOV +
      F6 - FOV -
      F7 - Default FOV
      In the Settings.ini file, you can change the following settings 
      [FOV]
      Additional_FOV = 0.000
      FOV value in degrees that will be added to current FOV
    • By WSGF
      password = "pcgw"
      Hor+ via this hack.  For usage details, visit the WSGF - http://www.wsgf.org/dr/just-cause
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 221 Guests (See full list)