Jump to content



User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There's an even newer version 1.45.20 available now too (newer than the one above from SirYodaJedi): https://fichiers.touslesdrivers.com/61925/Creative_ALchemy_1.45.20.zip

Oddly enough I can't find this on the Creative website, but it seems to be legit, all files have a Creative digital signature etc. Seems it was released around May/July 2019.

Apparent changes (from this page: https://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=23&v_code=61925&v_langue=en)

Quote

- Updated the dsound.dll library to version 2.4.2.18.
- Support for Sound Blaster AE-7 and Sound Blaster AE-9 sound cards.

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried to create a patch for 1.45.20 using MST's diff on 1.40.03, sadly, it doesn't work.

Someone with better skills than mine would have to look into it sadly.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

@camm I made a generic patcher for Alchemy a while back, only posted it on one forum though so it was probably pretty easy to miss...

Reposted here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/387vesqfe7o91f4/GenericALchemyDerestrictor-1.0.zip/file
Only tested with the 1.45.20 version, but it uses signature searching rather than offsets so should work with other versions too.

(hopefully this is fine to post here, seeing as the Glossary:Sound_card page links to similar patches too)

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, infogram said:

@camm I made a generic patcher for Alchemy a while back, only posted it on one forum though so it was probably pretty easy to miss...

Reposted here: https://bayfiles.com/7fWdi8N4o0/GenericALchemyDerestrictor-1.0_zip
Only tested with the 1.45.20 version, but it uses signature searching rather than offsets so should work with other versions too.

(hopefully this is fine to post here, seeing as the Glossary:Sound_card page links to similar patches too)

Many thanks infogram, and you are correct, in my last few days of searching I didn't come across your patch anywhere.

After looking at your source code though, I'm feeling pretty dumb after my efforts from yesterday though :P.

Again, many thanks however :).

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2020 at 12:07 AM, infogram said:

@camm I made a generic patcher for Alchemy a while back, only posted it on one forum though so it was probably pretty easy to miss...

Reposted here: https://bayfiles.com/7fWdi8N4o0/GenericALchemyDerestrictor-1.0_zip
Only tested with the 1.45.20 version, but it uses signature searching rather than offsets so should work with other versions too.

(hopefully this is fine to post here, seeing as the Glossary:Sound_card page links to similar patches too)

WARNING DOWNLOAD IS FULL OF TROJANS AND BUNDLES SOFTWARE AND GOODNESS KNOWS WHAT ELSE. I just had to disinfect my computer. It's a Flash installer downloader (at least that's the graphics it uses). Do not click !

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2021 at 3:40 PM, michael z freeman said:

WARNING DOWNLOAD IS FULL OF TROJANS AND BUNDLES SOFTWARE AND GOODNESS KNOWS WHAT ELSE. I just had to disinfect my computer. It's a Flash installer downloader (at least that's the graphics it uses). Do not click !

Well I never put anything like that in there, not sure how that happened to you. Maybe the host is swapping the files or something like that, I just checked and it seemed to download fine for me at least, could it have been an ad that downloaded it?

The real download contains an ALchemyPatch.exe, readme.txt & src folder, if anyone finds something else is being downloaded please let me know.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please is there any chance you could mirror this somewhere else, I was not able to get the download to work either, just constant popups, malware redirects etc etc, would be much appreciated.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2020 at 6:07 PM, infogram said:

@camm I made a generic patcher for Alchemy a while back, only posted it on one forum though so it was probably pretty easy to miss...

Reposted here: https://bayfiles.com/7fWdi8N4o0/GenericALchemyDerestrictor-1.0_zip
Only tested with the 1.45.20 version, but it uses signature searching rather than offsets so should work with other versions too.

(hopefully this is fine to post here, seeing as the Glossary:Sound_card page links to similar patches too)

Just Wanted to say thank you very much for this. The only de restrictor for Alchemy I've been able to find for a long time was for a much much older version. This works perfectly!

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2020 at 1:07 AM, infogram said:

@camm I made a generic patcher for Alchemy a while back, only posted it on one forum though so it was probably pretty easy to miss...

Reposted here: https://bayfiles.com/7fWdi8N4o0/GenericALchemyDerestrictor-1.0_zip
Only tested with the 1.45.20 version, but it uses signature searching rather than offsets so should work with other versions too.

(hopefully this is fine to post here, seeing as the Glossary:Sound_card page links to similar patches too)

I don't know why, but when I used this ALchemy doesn't allow me to add any games anymore.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2021 at 4:55 AM, idk said:

I don't know why, but when I used this ALchemy doesn't allow me to add any games anymore.

What version of ALchemy are you using? If you can't add a game, it might be because you have selected Registry Path instead of Game Path.

By the way, I've uploaded all of the publicly available versions of Creative ALchemy I could find: https://archive.org/details/creative-alchemy-all-versions

infograms' generic patcher seems to only work with 1.45.xx versions.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2021 at 10:21 PM, mrpenguinb said:

What version of ALchemy are you using? If you can't add a game, it might be because you have selected Registry Path instead of Game Path.

By the way, I've uploaded all of the publicly available versions of Creative ALchemy I could find: https://archive.org/details/creative-alchemy-all-versions

infograms' generic patcher seems to only work with 1.45.xx versions.

Oh wow, nice collection, had a quick look at an older version, seems 1.43.20 at least uses some kind of protection on both dsound.dll & Alchemy.exe, PEiD says that it's SafeDisc/SafeCast 2.80.012, seems the code for checking HW which we have to patch over is all obfuscated/encrypted in some way, can find some strings used by that func, but no idea about the func itself 😞

Not really sure how to get around something like that, I guess it'd need a SafeDisc/SafeCast 2.80.012 unpacker, but haven't been able to find one yet...

Good thing they stopped using it for 1.45.xx 🙂

E: hmm looking into it more, it kinda looks like ALchemy has a backdoor of sorts, if it's able to load the file "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\CTMBHA.dll" then it seems to skip a bunch of HW checks.

Maybe copying a small DLL like "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Version.dll" and naming it that could work, doesn't seem like it does any other checks on the file, just need to make sure it's the same kind of CPU as ALchemy itself (only ever 32-bit I think?)

In 1.45.20 both ALchemy.exe & dsound.dll have checks for that file, in 1.43.20 I only saw it mentioned inside dsound.dll though, not sure about ALchemy.exe, but could have just been obfuscated somehow.

I'm not completely sure this backdoor code actually gets used or not though, don't have a way to test it out right now, would appreciate if anyone can try it and see if it works with a non-patched ALchemy.

(also on 32-bit windows it might need to go inside System32 instead of SysWOW64)

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I fixed it by deleting the contents of the ini file, but you should back it up because it has some game specific settings for some games.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2021 at 11:14 PM, infogram said:

Oh wow, nice collection, had a quick look at an older version, seems 1.43.20 at least uses some kind of protection on both dsound.dll & Alchemy.exe, PEiD says that it's SafeDisc/SafeCast 2.80.012, seems the code for checking HW which we have to patch over is all obfuscated/encrypted in some way, can find some strings used by that func, but no idea about the func itself 😞

Not really sure how to get around something like that, I guess it'd need a SafeDisc/SafeCast 2.80.012 unpacker, but haven't been able to find one yet...

Good thing they stopped using it for 1.45.xx 🙂

E: hmm looking into it more, it kinda looks like ALchemy has a backdoor of sorts, if it's able to load the file "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\CTMBHA.dll" then it seems to skip a bunch of HW checks.

Maybe copying a small DLL like "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Version.dll" and naming it that could work, doesn't seem like it does any other checks on the file, just need to make sure it's the same kind of CPU as ALchemy itself (only ever 32-bit I think?)

In 1.45.20 both ALchemy.exe & dsound.dll have checks for that file, in 1.43.20 I only saw it mentioned inside dsound.dll though, not sure about ALchemy.exe, but could have just been obfuscated somehow.

I'm not completely sure this backdoor code actually gets used or not though, don't have a way to test it out right now, would appreciate if anyone can try it and see if it works with a non-patched ALchemy.

(also on 32-bit windows it might need to go inside System32 instead of SysWOW64)

Just curious. Is there any reason to use a version like "1.45.03 Universal" over just using the latest version (as of right now 1.45.20)? Just wondering what "Universal" means really. I've been using 1.45.20 and for the few games I use it on (Condemned, Max Payne 2 etc) it's been fine.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sean8102 said:

Just curious. Is there any reason to use a version like "1.45.03 Universal" over just using the latest version (as of right now 1.45.20)? Just wondering what "Universal" means really. I've been using 1.45.20 and for the few games I use it on (Condemned, Max Payne 2 etc) it's been fine.

Do you have a Creative sound card installed? If you do, then using ALchemy Universal is not needed.

If you don't have a Creative sound card installed, then using the latest version of ALchemy Universal is recommended since it officially supports Windows 10.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nope, just on board Realtek audio. I'll go ahead and replace 1.45.20 with the newest universal version from your archive. Thank you for the info.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

    • By scottvordem
      Note: After applying the fix, Hardware acceleration and Allow EAX effects will still be greyed out in UruSetup.exe, however those settings no longer apply as this bypasses those settings to be forced on after the game has started.
      This fix allows Hardware Acceleration and EAX to be enabled on modern systems using DSOAL, OpenAL Soft, or Creative ALchemy in URU: Complete Chronicles. Works on GOG version and should work with other versions also.
      Source: https://airtable.com/shrtTsUtiAJQ7wFGI/tblNOTdmp5nHXfFGU/viwjDPuKOjBnIQunv/rec5DHnTjpYhRzdWQ
       
      ==Installation==
      1. Extract files to <path to game>  and overwrite existing files.
      2. Set both files (plClientSetup.cfg and audio.ini) to read-only (right click each file --> properties --> check read-only --> click Apply and ok)
       
      ==details==
      plClientSetup.cfg forces the audio device to be Generic Hardware by adding Audio.SetDeviceName "Generic Hardware" and has Audio.UseHardware and Audio.UseEAX set to true.
      Audio.ini has Audio.UseHardware and Audio.UseEAX set to true.
    • By Noenko
      Enables EAX in Thief I&II and System Shock 2.
      With the NewDark patch there's no need to use "OpenAL", It's proprietary since v1.1 and the last release was in 2009.
      These files uses OpenAL Soft, a modern, maintained fork of OpenAL.
      NewDark versions of Thief, Thief II and System Shock 2 are required for this to work.
      Advantage over using OpenAl is:
      No need to install, simply copy and paste inte main game folder.
      Head Related Transfer Functions (HRTF).
      Reverb strenght can be set using alsoft.ini
       
      Tips: Uninstall previous OpenAL software.
      Disable any custom "3D-stereo" solutions such as Dolby Virtual Surround and any other globally applied crystalizers or equalisers. Also, you won't need any old emulation software like Alchemy.
      Uses:
      OpenAL Soft 1.21.1
      https://github.com/kcat/openal-soft
      Source:
      https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=8371.0
    • By bibendovsky
      Console application to fix Doom 3 (2004) visual twitch bug with EAX / OpenAL.
      Latest release and source code can be found here.
    • By ominous onion
      Updated with OpenAL Soft 1.20.1
      Original Links
      ===========
      https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/65094
      https://github.com/kcat/dsoal
      About
      =====
      This project is for a DirectSound DLL replacement. It implements the
      DirectSound interfaces by translating the calls to OpenAL, and fools
      applications into thinking there is a hardware accelerated sound device. EAX is
      also implemented (up to version 4) by using OpenAL's EFX extension, allowing
      for environmental reverb with sound obstruction and occlusion effects.
      Ultimately, this enables DirectSound applications to enable their DirectSound3D
      acceleration path, and turn on EAX. The actual processing is being done by
      OpenAL with no hardware acceleration requirement, allowing it to work on
      systems where audio acceleration is not otherwise available.
      Or more succinctly: it enables DirectSound3D surround sound and EAX for systems
      without the requisite hardware.
      Source Code
      ===========
      To build the source, you will need CMake 2.6 or newer (you can get it from
      <http://www.cmake.org/>). You can either use the CMake GUI, specifying the
      directories for the source and where the build files should go, or using one of
      the command-line programs, for example by first making sure to be in an empty
      directory where the build files will go (such as the provided build/ sub-
      directory) and running cmake with the path to the source.
      Once successfully built, it should have created dsound.dll.
      Usage
      =====
      Once built, copy dsound.dll to the same location as the desired application's
      executable. You must also provide an OpenAL DLL in the same location, named as
      dsoal-aldrv.dll, or else the DLL will fail to work. Some applications may need
      to be configured to use DirectSound3D acceleration and EAX, but it otherwise
      goes to work the next time the application is run.
      Source releases, the Git repository, and Windows binaries for OpenAL Soft are
      available at its homepage <http://kcat.strangesoft.met/openal.html>.
      Instructions are also provided there.
    • By Spartaque12
      how 2 enable eax in freedom fighters , i tried 3DSoundBack , tried 2 put lines in Freedom.ini (SoundDll DSOUND.dll), UseEAX 1 is enabled , but nothing happened in game 
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 348 Guests (See full list)

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Member Statistics

    7,333
    Total Members
    3,870
    Most Online
    vasuuse
    Newest Member
    vasuuse
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...