Genesis Noir ultrawide, superwide, multi-monitor fix 1.1a

13 Screenshots

About This File

The tool for Microsoft Store / Game Pass and possibly other versions removes pillarboxing (side black bars), preserving the letterboxing heavily used in the game for artistic and gameplay purposes.

1. Unpack the archive with software like 7zip or PeaZip using the password pcgw
  2. Launch the game and set all the options as preferred.
  3. Launch the tool.
  4. Press the hotkey to toggle the fix on and off in real time.

Known issues:

• Game options menu will stop functioning while the fix is enabled.
  • Near the end of the game, passenger manifests will be partly cropped while the fix is enabled (unrelated to the story).
  • The full end credits will not appear while the fix is enabled.
  • All trainers containing CE components may trigger some anti-virus software.

The FOV correction approach is inspired by killer-m's work.

Tested the latest Game Pass and GOG versions at 2560x1080 and 5760x1080.

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.

What's New in Version 1.1a   See changelog

Released

Removed another layer of pillarboxing added in a recent update (targeting this mod?).

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi Rose! Kaspersky detects the executable as a Trojan. It's the first time that it happens to me with one of your files.
Can you check that it is correct? Thanks in advance!

noir.png

Share this comment

18 minutes ago, Lancasther said:

Hi Rose! Kaspersky detects the executable as a Trojan. It's the first time that it happens to me with one of your files.
Can you check that it is correct? Thanks in advance!

The SHA-256 hash of the current version of the exe is

94eaf69f91a58a67a6fd5d3a09ff71b8e7fa77065123768c1f6c5bcb338d79ab

If that is the file, then it is from me and it is a false positive. Alternatively, if having trouble trusting me, you could send it to Kaspersky to review. Microsoft usually respond and remove false flagging within a day or two but I'm not sure about Kaspersky.

Share this comment

It was not a question of trust (I have downloaded dozens of your patches without any problem), but I was surprised that it was the first to detect me as a Trojan.
Thank you very much for the information anyway. I've tested and works perfectly!

Share this comment

Hi, I am not sure if I missed anything in the instructions. But I am not able to launch the app.

image.png.b843716b579eda2f8ec127b754a22506.png

Is there any additional changes I am supposed to do for this to work? I am using the gamepass version of the game. I am trying to launch your fix after starting the game.

Share this comment

Nevermind. Windows Security was blocking it. I thought it wasn't the problem because it usually quarantines suspicious files. Thank you Rose!

Share this comment

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

• By Rose
      The tool corrects the reduced field of view at the cutscenes at 21:9 and wider resolutions, and allows to bypass the game's max resolution checks, making it support resolutions like 5120x1440.
      Download the archive and unpack it with software like PeaZip using the password pcgw Launch the game, followed by the tool. Press the FOV key to correct it in real time (undoing will require a cutscene restart) Press the force resolution key, then select and apply any resolution if the game does not support yours. All trainers containing CE components may trigger some anti-virus software.
      Tested the latest Game Pass version at 2560x1080, briefly at 5120x1440, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080.
      Kudos to PhantomGamers for a hint that helped analyze the game variables.

• By Rose
      The tool corrects the reduced field of view and removes the black bars affecting 21:9 and wider resolutions, particularly prominent at 32:9 and wider.

For Microsoft Store:
      Download the archive and unpack it with software like PeaZip using the password pcgw Launch the game, followed by the tool. Press the key as instructed to toggle the fix on and off in real time. All trainers containing CE components may trigger some anti-virus software.

For Steam and any other stores the game may appear on, simply download the related patcher and target the game executable.
      Tested the latest Game Pass version at 2560x1080 and 5760x1080. Steam version tested by a WSGF user at 3440x1440.

• By Rose
      The tool previously allowed to change field of view, but as of the May 12, 2020 game update, there is an FOV slider in the game.
      The remaining functionality is removing black bars from the cutscenes at 32:9 and wider resolutions.
      Simply unpack the archive and use the small patcher to target the ZA4_dx12 and/or ZA4_vulkan executable in the game folder depending on your preferred graphics API. Be mindful of the large file size of the executables which will be backed up and take up space if left untouched. Tested the latest EGS Vulkan and DX12 game versions at 3840x1080 and 5760x1080.

• By Rose
      The tools for the Microsoft Store / Game Pass and other versions of Psychonauts 2 remove the black bars appearing at cutscenes at 21:9 and wider resolutions.
      For the Microsoft Store version,
      Download and unpack the applicable archive using the password pcgw Launch the game, followed by the tool. Press the button as shown to toggle the black bars off and on. For other stores,
      Download the applicable archive, unpack it, and use the patcher to target the game executable as instructed. All trainers containing CE components may trigger some anti-virus software.
      Tested the latest Game Pass version at 2560x1080 and briefly at 5760x1080 on one screen.

• By Rose
      The tool forces the game to use the current resolution, removing pillarboxing at 21:9 and wider.
      Download the archive and unpack it using the password pcgw Launch the game and ideally reach a scene affected by black bars. Run the tool and press the hotkey as instructed. Press Alt+Tab in the game, then return, or apply any in-game resolution if the fix does not work immediately. All trainers containing CE components may trigger some anti-virus software.
      Tested the latest Game Pass version at 2560x1080 and 3840x1080. The UI gets bigger depending on the screen width.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 256 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online