About This File
Nioh2Resolution Adds support for any resolutions to *Nioh 2: Complete Edition* on PC (UI isn't perfectly scaled).
Credit to LennardF1989 for the original Nioh 1 version.
## How to use?
1) Download the latest release of Nioh2Resolution.
2) Save the content of the archive to the root of the *Nioh 2: Complete Edition* game-directory (Defaults to `C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Nioh2` for Steam installs) (you can delete it later on)
3) Run `Nioh2Resolution.exe` and follow the instructions.
4) Start the game and set the resolution to the specified one (if that is not shown in the game menu, set it in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\KoeiTecmo\NIOH2\config.xml)
5) Restart the game as there seems to be a bug that breaks the brightness (and UI scaling) if you change resolution after startup.
## How does it work?
Before doing anything, the game will be unpacked using Steamless. This is required because the Steam DRM will otherwise not allow a modified executable.
Once unpacked, the patcher will look for the byte representation of the 3440x1440 resolution, and change all occurances to your desired resolution.
Anything wider than 21:9 should work decently, especially because the FOV scaling is Horizontal+, but some UI anchoring will be wrong and some other won't be scaled correctly. Loading screens and cutscenes seem fine.
Unfortunately Nioh 2 natively has a bug where the UI drifts after certain events at any aspect ratio above 64:27 (2560x1080).
There is an EXPERIMENTAL fix that and also allow the game to have fully visible UI and not stretched at aspect ratios below 16:9, but both fixes come with consequences. They are detailed in the patch itself.
In theory, this patcher should work for any version of the game.
-Added experimental fix to fix the drifting
-Improved text and fixed some false warnings
-v4 often ended up reported as a false positive by many anti viruses. I've moved a few things around to make sure this doesn't happen anymore.
Virus scan (of v5): https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/2e3aaf6cd34fe77138e8f7de7a8d5007a6a53217b75db8696d1842de203981f7/detection
Source is available anyway.