4 Screenshots

About This File

The tool removes black bars at any widescreen resolution. Unlike the existing solution, it works with the Microsoft version of the game.

1. Download and unpack the archive using software like 7zip or PeaZip. The password is pcgw
  2. Launch the game
  3. Launch the tool
  4. Press the "Enable" key
  5. While in the game, press Alt+Enter twice. Alt+Tab may work as well. Try again if unsuccessful.

Tested the latest Xbox Game Pass version at 2560x1080 and briefly at 7680x1080. The latter was affected by UI issues.

You can buy me a coffee here.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

My Windows 10 built-in anti-virus does not allow me to open this file, says it's a virus. How to workaround? Using Xbox Game Pass and 2560x1080 resolution.

Share this comment

5 hours ago, lanceromancer said:

My Windows 10 built-in anti-virus does not allow me to open this file, says it's a virus. How to workaround? Using Xbox Game Pass and 2560x1080 resolution.

Just add it to the list of exceptions. Any trainer built on CE components will trigger some anti-virus software. You can make your own in 5 minutes to test it.

Share this comment

Muchas gracias por sus aportes 21:9 3440 x 1440 funciona muy bien para mi 💪

Share this comment

3 hours ago, OldCynic68 said:

how do I locate the tool as it doesn't appear in tempstate the folder is empty

It might be that your anti-virus software removes it right away, although I've recently sent the file to Microsoft for review and they had it re-categorized as a "potentially unwanted app" rather than a trojan.
Look in your Downloads folder or whichever place your browser has it set as. You could also try a different browser (Internet Explorer and Edge come with Windows 10)

Share this comment

I just got prompted that my disc was not in the drive while playing with the fix enabled and could not continue.

Share this comment

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

• By Rose
      The trainers for Microsoft, Epic and Steam game versions, and patchers for executables remove pillarboxing (black bars) from real-time rendered cutscenes, menu and dialogue screens and offer the option to adjust FOV.
      Use software like PeaZip or 7zip to unpack the archives. The password is pcgw
      Making changes to Engine.ini to increase FOV through Y-axis calculation is no longer recommended, as it gets reset by finishers and possibly other in-game events. Make sure the config is in its default state to avoid unexpected issues.
      The mod does not address the cropping of the viewmodel and stretching of FMVs.
      In order to force unsupported resolutions, edit GameUserSettings.ini and set the ResolutionSizeX= and ResolutionSizeY= values as desired - e.g. 5760 and 1080. Getting into the settings in the game will undo the changes, so make sure to have configured the game to preference prior to editing the config.
      You can buy me a coffee here.
    • By azulath
      This is a copy of the my comment on the DX:MD page and it was suggested to seek support here as well. I would like to know is there is a way to get 32:9 (5120x1440) to work without black bars? I tried editing the executable with HxD and also tried search for the aspect ratio with cheatengine to adjust the known values but nothing seems to work.
      Furthermore, why does the article show green for ultrawide, even though it doesn't work?
    • By Rose
      The tool allows to remove black bars from the game at 21:9 and wider and increase or decrease field of view in real-time at any resolution.
      Prior to the October 7 update, it compensated for the natively reduced FOV and lacking FOV slider, now resulting in increased vertical FOV with the bars removed.
      Download and unpack the archive using software like 7zip or PeaZip. The password is pcgw Launch the game, followed by the tool. Press the keys as instructed. Tested the latest Microsoft Store / Game Pass and Steam versions at 2560x1080.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 299 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online