Detroit Become Human ultrawide & multimonitor mod 0.9.9

12 Screenshots

About This File

The tool removes black bars from the game at 21:9, 32:9, 48:9 and other wide resolutions.

1. Download and unpack the archive using software like 7zip or PeaZip. The password is pcgw
  2. Launch the game
  3. Launch the tool
  4. Press the "Enable" key
  5. While in the game, briefly switch to the Borderless or Fullscreen mode.
  6. Use the tool to manually adjust the UI size at 32:9 and wider resolutions.

Known issues:

• Stretched loading screens and rare FMVs.
  • Minor UI display and alignment issues. Use the UI adjustment keys if necessary.

The window mode switching requirement is also undesirable, hence the version number!
Tested the latest Epic version at 2560x1080, briefly at 3840x1080, 5760x1080, 5120x2160 and 7680x1080 on a single monitor.

You can buy me a coffee here.

What's New in Version 0.9.9   See changelog

Released

Fully automatic aspect ratio adjustment based on the screen size.
New screenshots to showcase the limitless width.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I seem to have stumbled across a bug. I use a separate drive for my games, and it seems that this throws off the application. I think that a similar error will occur once the Steam version is released later this month, and I would suggest setting up the mod to search within its own directory. This would mean that you place the mod within the same folder as DetroitBecomeHuman.exe, and it would work regardless of install location and where it is purchased from. 

image.png

Share this comment

1 minute ago, g_chachanidze said:

I seem to have stumbled across a bug. I use a separate drive for my games, and it seems that this throws off the application. I think that a similar error will occur once the Steam version is released later this month, and I would suggest setting up the mod to search within its own directory. This would mean that you place the mod within the same folder as DetroitBecomeHuman.exe, and it would work regardless of install location and where it is purchased from. 

image.png

It already does. It only looks for the process, regardless of the file location. What you are seeing is a Windows error message, not an app error message. It looks like a permissions issue or anti-virus software blocking it in your end.

Share this comment

5 minutes ago, Rose said:

It already does. It only looks for the process, regardless of the file location. What you are seeing is a Windows error message, not an app error message. It looks like a permissions issue or anti-virus software blocking it in your end.

You are absolutely right, my bad, Windows Defender was catching it, thank you for the quick response!

Share this comment

Thank you for this!

Does it work for the newly released Steam version or is it Epic only?

Share this comment

Hey! There is a problem with 3440x1440. Crosshair is shifted up a little, so it can't be aimed properly. Even F7-F8 doesn't help

20200619201446_1.jpg

Share this comment

5 hours ago, jr said:

Hey! There is a problem with 3440x1440. Crosshair is shifted up a little, so it can't be aimed properly. Even F7-F8 doesn't help

Hi. That is covered by "Minor UI display and alignment issues. " in the description. I know it can be a bit annoying but the issue is not game-breaking or frequent.

Share this comment

Working perfect other tun some minor UI, which I don't mind at all. really awesome, I am on 3440x1440.

Thank you for the amazing job. 

Share this comment

@Rose hey man, thanks for the app, good stuff. I don't know exactly how do you access the aspect ratio and ui scale settings but could you please also take a look at resolution scaling? The game uses quite a bit of VRAM. Even though I have 3440x1440, I don't play often recently released games and AAA titles, so I was fine with 4 GB. In this game, there are scenes that even 2560x1080 at 0.7 resolution scaling struggles to stay below 4 GB VRAM. I would like to adjust on the fly resolution scaling the same way its possible to adjust ui scaling. Could you implement that as well and also allow going below the 0.7 limit (down to like 0.5 or so)? Rendering UI at native res and scaling down game res is better than rendering the ui on low res and scaling it up. Cheers.

Share this comment

Hi, I'm having a issue with the Steam version, 32:9 5120:1440 crashing after turning within 30-1 minute, window just freezes, does not do this without the trainer, turned off Windows defender, ran as admin, etc cant figure it out..

Edit: It seems to happen when there is a next scene, for example, when transitioning to moving to the window in the first chapter "the negotiator is going in" and it crashes. 

Specs: b7g0znzzb5751.png

Share this comment

On 6/27/2020 at 9:03 AM, CrazyBebop said:

Hi, I'm having a issue with the Steam version, 32:9 5120:1440 crashing after turning within 30-1 minute, window just freezes, does not do this without the trainer, turned off Windows defender, ran as admin, etc cant figure it out..

Edit: It seems to happen when there is a next scene, for example, when transitioning to moving to the window in the first chapter "the negotiator is going in" and it crashes. 

I am having this issue too on the EGS version of the game. I wonder if an update has broken compatibility? It was working fine up until a few days ago. It may also be AMD related, I know that No Man's Sky has not been loading games at all on AMD hardware.

Share this comment

6 minutes ago, g_chachanidze said:

I am having this issue too on the EGS version of the game. I wonder if an update has broken compatibility? It was working fine up until a few days ago. It may also be AMD related, I know that No Man's Sky has not been loading games at all on AMD hardware.

The Epic version of the game has not had any updates since June 19 but there are reports of crashes from people that likely don't use the mod.
For example,

[RX480 / R5 1600x]

I cant even explain the issue, im right now at Jericho, but the game crashes every single time, at the same moment.

Nvidia driver 451.48 seems to cause the game to crash for me when the game was working perfectly fine before the update. Same missions I've played previously when revisiting crash shortly after. Kinda fucking annoying... I really liked the game and I'm only 2 hours into it 😞

Share this comment

3 hours ago, g_chachanidze said:

Reverting back to Nvidia driver 446.14 fixed it for me.

Share this comment

The fix still woks fine on the latest version (DRM free) from Epic Game Store.
Nvidia Driver 446.14. (I haven't checked on a newer driver version, as it doesn't really add anything new and interesting for me).

Share this comment