Xbox One Controller Fix for Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut and Assassin's Creed II (AC1&2)

About This File

Configuration files for x360ce to enable support for Xbox One controllers in Assassin's Creed Director's Cut and Assassin's Creed II, including vibration.

This is a more up-to-date version of the AC1 and 2 fix that improves compatibility with the latest build of x360ce (3.2.10.82) and Xbox One controllers.

To install simply download and extract the contents of the zip file into the game's installation folder.

x360ce is not required for the fix to function but is useful should you wish to make any configuration changes. Download the 32-bit (x86) version here and extract it to the same location as the other two files.

Known issues: Fix does not support simulatenous trigger inputs. To workaround this issue disable "hold to lock" in the game's options menu (disabled by default). This issue only affects AC1 as AC2 does not appear to support "hold to lock" on PC.

AC1-2-Xbox-One-Controller-Fix.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hey, thx for the fix! I've found only one weird thing about it - i can't hold both LT and RT, so normal fighting is imposible. Do you have any suggestions about it? Maybe it is something i do wrong...

UPD: i've solved this issue by disabling "Hold to target lock" option.

Share this comment

How did you fix the LT and RT issue ?]

Final Edit: download X360ce, go to the controller setings tab, select the preset with the SID C2685BA2, and click load.

Edit: tried a few things  i used this google link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7bMzcSq8aMAVUNwYWlSTzBCXzg/view and followed the instructions in this video. used x360ce and recorded the LT and RT and it worked perfectly. I put all the files from the google doc too since they might end up deleted. use the xinputhid.inf

Edit 2: after doing the fix my controller was no longer detected in For Honor. Using this fix might make the controller unrecognizable to other games.  respond

FW_ACC_00U.bin mt7612us.cat mt7612us.inf mt7612us.sys wdfcoinstaller01011.dll xboxgip.cat xboxgip.sys xboxgip_prot.inf xinputhid.cat xinputhid.inf xinputhid.sys

Share this comment

On 3/18/2020 at 3:21 PM, lazybuzzooka said:

Hey, thx for the fix! I've found only one weird thing about it - i can't hold both LT and RT, so normal fighting is imposible. Do you have any suggestions about it? Maybe it is something i do wrong...

UPD: i've solved this issue by disabling "Hold to target lock" option.

Thank you for alerting me to this issue and for providing a workaround. I have updated the description to include a note about this issue. Unfortunately that's all I can do for now as I'm unsure how to fix it.

Share this comment

Hey I have an issue. I copied the downloaded files into the game folder and launched the game. I can see the changed bindings in the controls but my controller isn't working anymore. Any ideas? do i need to download x360ce?

Share this comment

It works but does not let me rebind left and right trigger.

Edit:

Just tried the old file from 2012 and it works flawlessly. Everything was even pre-bound to the correct keys.

Share this comment

This fix is a lifesaver. The only issue is that it doesn't recognize Xbox Series X controllers unless it's bluetooth, which drops connection more than the wireless adapter.

Is there any chance you could update this with Series X compatibility out of the box?

Thanks in advance!

Share this comment

this does work with series x controllers, you just have to change the product guid and instance guid in the ini file because those controllers use different values for those:

ProductGuid=02ff045e-0000-0000-0000-504944564944
InstanceGuid=bb5563c0-5438-11ec-8001-444553540000

Edit: also Controller 1 > Advanced > and ticking Passthrough fixes the lt and rt issue for me, which makes no sense but it works perfectly fine

Share this comment

9 hours ago, ajddavid452 said:

this does work with series x controllers, you just have to change the product guid and instance guid in the ini file because those controllers use different values for those:

ProductGuid=02ff045e-0000-0000-0000-504944564944
InstanceGuid=bb5563c0-5438-11ec-8001-444553540000

Edit: also Controller 1 > Advanced > and ticking Passthrough fixes the lt and rt issue for me, which makes no sense but it works perfectly fine

As far as I'm aware it only works with Series X controllers when using Bluetooth. Would you happen to use the adapter by any chance? I personally don't use Bluetooth since it's finnicky with the connection which drops sometimes.

If not, then I'll still give it a try.

Thanks!

Share this comment

1 hour ago, pikklepakkl3 said:

As far as I'm aware it only works with Series X controllers when using Bluetooth. Would you happen to use the adapter by any chance? I personally don't use Bluetooth since it's finnicky with the connection which drops sometimes.

If not, then I'll still give it a try.

Thanks!

I'm using it via usb, make sure to check that those guids match with your device, all you need to do is open x360ce  and it will tell you in the device tab

Share this comment

The instructions are wrong; I think?

Simply unzipping the contents of the compressed file doesn't work, I think you have to unzip the folder and then place the files within in, inside the root folder of the game (where the .exe is).

Share this comment

On 4/16/2021 at 10:32 PM, SpheredCrossTV said:

Hey I have an issue. I copied the downloaded files into the game folder and launched the game. I can see the changed bindings in the controls but my controller isn't working anymore. Any ideas? do i need to download x360ce?

I am having the same issue.

Share this comment

On 4/17/2021 at 1:32 AM, SpheredCrossTV said:

On 12/14/2023 at 12:17 AM, jack22 said:

I am having the same issue.

I was having the same issue and may have found a solution:

• I downloaded X360CE for 32-bit games to game's directory and opened it with my Xbox One controller connected via bluetooth.
  • When it prompted me to choose to "Search automatically" or "Browse my computer" for settings, I chose my compute then "Next"
  • Click Finish on the Search Results window.
  • On the main controller config window, click Save, then close out.

Everything seems to work great after that.

Thanks for the fix stepdaddy!

Share this comment

@stepdaddy / @ajddavid452 - Do you have the ProductGuid and InstanceGuid for an Xbox Series X wired controller? I'm trying to play Assassin's Creed 2 with an Xbox Series X controller and the game now sees all the relevant button mappings in the settings for my controller but I don't get any response from the game when I try use the controller in-game.

x360ce.exe x360ce.ini xinput1_3.dll

Share this comment

On 1/16/2024 at 2:36 AM, timbru14 said:

@stepdaddy / @ajddavid452 - Do you have the ProductGuid and InstanceGuid for an Xbox Series X wired controller? I'm trying to play Assassin's Creed 2 with an Xbox Series X controller and the game now sees all the relevant button mappings in the settings for my controller but I don't get any response from the game when I try use the controller in-game.

x360ce.exe 3.06 MB · 14 downloads x360ce.ini 4.34 kB · 9 downloads xinput1_3.dll 123.65 kB · 9 downloads

the easiest way is to just download a separate instance of x360ce with a separate ini file and you should be able to find it in new ini file, as for the "IG_" string you can probably just leave that as is because it's just a label

also using x360ce is pretty obsolete now because you can just use EaglePatch which makes x360ce redundant

Share this comment