In Martian Gothic: Unification, the ending video (<path-to-game>\data\outro.bik) can be corrupted. The other videos aren't. If it is, when it should play the game crash. The used game installation was fully updated with all the available patches.
Can be tested if it's corrupted using the last RAD Video Tools/Bink and Smacker (Actually Bink 2021.3/Smacker 4.2e) and trying to playing it. If its corrupted it should play with big greens and blues squares as the screenshot. Also MPC-HC doesn't play the video (only the audio) but VLC plays it normally.
It seems it's about of using a different encoding than the others videos, which doesn't match the binkw32.dll bundled with the game. The game seems to be using Bink compatible with RAD Video Tools 1.0e (which is the one available when this game was launched), and the video is created with 0.8 or below, or a higher version.
So the attached video is the same video reencoded with Rad Video Tools 1.0e. To fix the video, change the original file in <path-to-game>\data\outro.bik with this one.
No need to point it out, but this is the ending and it has spoilers, although not the big ones.
This restores the cut voicelines of hero units in the mission Hollywood and Vain which were cut by patch 1.01
Copy the rulesmd.ini file to the root folder.
Note: After applying the fix, Hardware acceleration and Allow EAX effects will still be greyed out in UruSetup.exe, however those settings no longer apply as this bypasses those settings to be forced on after the game has started.
This fix allows Hardware Acceleration and EAX to be enabled on modern systems using DSOAL, OpenAL Soft, or Creative ALchemy in URU: Complete Chronicles. Works on GOG version and should work with other versions also.
1. Extract files to <path to game> and overwrite existing files.
2. Set both files (plClientSetup.cfg and audio.ini) to read-only (right click each file --> properties --> check read-only --> click Apply and ok)
plClientSetup.cfg forces the audio device to be Generic Hardware by adding Audio.SetDeviceName "Generic Hardware" and has Audio.UseHardware and Audio.UseEAX set to true.
Audio.ini has Audio.UseHardware and Audio.UseEAX set to true.
Widescreen & Multiplayer for Contract J.A.C.K
- Supports monitor aspect ratio 16:9, 16:10 and resolution up to 1920x1080.
- change Field of View FOV 95 / FOV 110.
- Fix by Spawn for Multiplayer / Dedicated server for playing online (GameSpy.dll file)
- Fix by B.Vorontsov for comfortable play on Windows 10 (d3d8.dll file)
- Fix "Catastrophic failure" error for Windows 10
After setting a new resolution using WideScreenFix_CJ Do not open the Display menu in the game!
Otherwise, geometric distortions will occur and you will have to restart the game.
1. Before installing, upgrade the game Contract J.A.C.K. up to version 1.1.
2. Install the latest Official DirectX version (June 2010) https://www.download3k.com/Install-DirectX-Redistributable.html
3. In the properties of the game shortcut, specify compatibility with Windows XP SP3 and specify the launch from the Administrator:
ContractJACK Shortcut -> Right Mouse Button -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Run the program in compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3 -> Run the program as Administrator
4. Run WideScreenFix_CJ.exe, Select FOV, select the aspect ratio and resolution of your display.
The widescreen patch WideScreenFix_CJ will be automatically installed into your game on the way from the Registry.
If the automatic installation of WideScreenFix_CJ.exe does not work, then copy all files from the "Files_for_Manual_installation" folder to the game folder.
Then follow the instructions "Self-installation WideScreenFix_CJ" (see at the end of the text).
5. Adjusting mouse parameters For smooth play and accurate shooting (see picture):
Settings -> Controls -> Mouse -> Mouse sensitivity -> minimum
Settings -> Controls -> Mouse -> Mouse Smoothing -> Maximum
6. How to play over the Internet and how to create a game server read in the "Fix Multiplayer" folder
7. How to install stable FPS for the display on Windows 10 read in the "Fix for Windows 10" folder
8. How to fix the error "Catastrophic failure" for Windows 10 read in the "Fix Catastrophic failure error" folder
Reinstall WideScreenFix_CJ in Restore to Default mode.
Known BUGS & SOLUTIONS
Unzip and read file "readme_WideScreenCJ.txt"
Who's Online 2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 253 Guests (See full list)
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.