Red Dead Redemption 2 ultrawide, multimonitor, FOV mod 3.5

Message added by Andytizer

12 Screenshots

About This File

The tool removes black bars from the in-game cutscenes, cinematic cameras, shops and a number of other areas at 21:9 and wider resolutions. Since version 2.0 it also removes pillarboxing from the photo mode. Since version 3.0, it allows for custom FOV adjustment.

Launch the game first, then the tool. The password for the archive is pcgw

As expected from a trainer based on CE components, this tool does get falsely flagged by some anti-virus software as a trojan, while the rest correctly mark it as a "hacktool".

Use the tool provided here at own risk and ideally avoid playing RDR Online without completely disabling the fix - especially the FOV hack.

Tested at 2560x1080, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080. Additionally confirmed as working by two volunteers from WSGF.

You can buy me a coffee here.

What's New in Version 3.5   See changelog

Released

• Updated the photo mode code location that prevented the rest of the main (F5) script from working after the game update.
  • Slightly updated the UI.
  • No new features or changes.
  • We've had a good run since December 2019 through the updates!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi again, I managed to solve my previous issue and I would like to share the solution to anyone that might be interested. I just downloaded and installed¬†the latest version of Cheat Engine and it seems to have worked, the trainer removes the black bars just like it should! Thanks again ūüėĄ

Share this comment

Just now, cyberion said:

Will this allow for 21:9 or 32:9 fullscreen mode?

What do you mean? The game supports the aspect ratios out of the box, filling the display at the gameplay. The goal of the trainer is to just make the experience better by removing the black bars at cutscenes, dialog and so forth.

Share this comment

27 minutes ago, Rose said:

What do you mean? The game supports the aspect ratios out of the box, filling the display at the gameplay. The goal of the trainer is to just make the experience better by removing the black bars at cutscenes, dialog and so forth.

Hi Rose,

I must have read it wrong. Was expecting a fix to the skewed menus and world map on ultrawide aspect ratios. Seems everyone is content with playing the game in windowed borderless to address that. Looking for a fix on full-screen mode given the better performance on my setup.

Share this comment

Just now, cyberion said:

Hi Rose,

I must have read it wrong. Was expecting a fix to the skewed menus and world map on ultrawide aspect ratios. Seems everyone is content with playing the game in windowed borderless to address that. Looking for a fix on full-screen mode given the better performance on my setup.

I do not experience the issue at 21:9 at all but this may help.

Share this comment

18 minutes ago, Rose said:

I do not experience the issue at 21:9 at all but this may help.

Even that documentation suggests using widescreen borderless. Bummer. I guess I’ll stick to 2560x1440. Thanks anyways.

Share this comment

Just now, cyberion said:

Even that documentation suggests using widescreen borderless. Bummer. I guess I’ll stick to 2560x1440. Thanks anyways.

That is one of the three fixes.

Share this comment

Hello, and thank you for the mod. As amazing as RDR2 is, these black bars are driving me insane. Wtf R* y u do dis

I have never run a mod before and am having very limited success finding tutorials for this. I can extract the .exe file and set Windows Defender to class it as an allowed threat. I can set it to run as admin under the Properties > Compatibility tab and appear to have all permissions except "special permissions" under Security. I'll right click to run as admin and get the error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." Then it disappears and I must re-extract. Am I supposed to move it to the game files or something?

After being stuck a couple hours I'm asking for help. It would mean a lot to this dunce if this could work, or if someone could point me to a resource that would help me figure it out. Thanks again

Share this comment

Greetings

This I'm sure has been asked 100 times but I couldn't find it. How do I get around the false flagging as a virus? I unzip it and try to start the install and bam, every time. Then I have to unzip it again. I'm just using Windows defender so. Went looking to shut it off but no luck. Damn I hate windows!

Share this comment

Just now, dlw610 said:

Greetings

This I'm sure has been asked 100 times but I couldn't find it. How do I get around the false flagging as a virus? I unzip it and try to start the install and bam, every time. Then I have to unzip it again. I'm just using Windows defender so. Went looking to shut it off but no luck. Damn I hate windows!

Hello. By now, I think that Microsoft have already removed the false flagging of the current version of the trainer. You could follow these links to submit it to your AV vendor to review. For Microsoft, it usually takes hours to a day to react and update their database if necessary. Assuming you have no third-party AV software installed, you could try adding the file to the list of exclusions of Windows Security.

Share this comment