PCGamingWiki will soon migrate to a Single Sign On (SSO) system to bridge Wiki and Forum accounts, please read our FAQ.

Red Dead Redemption 2 ultrawide, multimonitor, FOV mod 3.4

Message added by Andytizer

12 Screenshots

About This File

The tool removes black bars from the in-game cutscenes, cinematic cameras, shops and a number of other areas at 21:9 and wider resolutions. Since version 2.0 it also removes pillarboxing from the photo mode. Since version 3.0, it allows for custom FOV adjustment.

Launch the game first, then the tool. The password for the archive is pcgw

As expected from a trainer based on CE components, this tool does get falsely flagged by some anti-virus software as a trojan, while the rest correctly mark it as a "hacktool".

Use the tool provided here at own risk and ideally avoid playing RDR Online without completely disabling the fix - especially the FOV hack.

Tested at 2560x1080, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080. Additionally confirmed as working by two volunteers from WSGF.

You can buy me a coffee here.

What's New in Version 3.4   See changelog

Released

Further changes to address the barcode-style distortion affecting photo filters at cutscenes introduced in the latest game update.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

31 minutes ago, Rose said:

You can see I haven't updated the tool very recently, so that must be related to a database update of the AV. I would suggest to keep trying to exclude it from its scans. Add the folder and file to the list. If that fails, add %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\cetrainers\ to the list of exclusions but make sure to remove it if you're to use trainers from people you don't trust.
Briefly disabling the AV and not downloading anything that may harm the PC is another option.

Thank you for your answer Rose, you're great. I'll try in a few hours your suggestion. I suspect I'm not the only one who found this problem in the last 24/48 hours. A few hours ago I tried to fix it this way and it seems work, but it's very annoying: first launch the game, than WAIT UNTILL THE END OF THE PICS LOADING SCREEN, while in-game extract the file and run the exe. Be advised: the. exe extracted will dissappear sooner or later, so be quick. So your next game opening you'll have to re-extract the .exe. BASICALLY, repete the procedure above every time you launch rdr2. It's annoying BUT IT F. WORKS. 

Share this comment

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

Just joined to thank Rose for the mod but I'm having a problem.

The game crashes as soon as I press F3, I'm using the lastest version (3.4) and the game is up to date.

This is on Windows 7 x64 and the game is the Steam version.

The file is not in the game directory.

Is anyone else having this issue or know of a fix?

Share this comment

Thank you for that mod!

Now it became obvious why black bars were placed in console versions. Because of fps drops.

I've tried your mod in 4K and without black bars in cutscenes there are about 3-4 fps drops.

Share this comment

This is not working for me whenever I attempt to load the mod as instructed my screen gets blurry, starts to lag some kind of terrible and changing the FOV either way no weapons show up when selecting them in FPV then on top of that when I aim in my screen shows an image of water as if the camera has been sent under the ground. Such a shame.

Share this comment

@Rose Can we get an option to keep the top and bottom bars on for cinematic and still keep the side pillar boxes turned off?  There is a bug in the game where cinematic works correctly, but as soon as you go to a cutscene or vendor menu, The pillar boxes returned.  I sent Rockstar a video here: https://youtu.be/jXbWwZa-KhQ of the bug and after several weeks of back and forth, they concluded it was "by design" ugh. Thanks for you amazing work.

Share this comment

Hey, i just cannot get this to even launch, i have no idea why.

I've gone through the comments and have excluded all of the suggested folders from the windows firewall and have made sure it is in a excluded folder to launch from and have cleared the temp folder.
I also have the same problem with the Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order ultra-wide fix as well, whats more peculiar is that one worked fine for a while up to a point where it just wouldn't launch either.
I also have never been able to use the trainer version of The Outer Worlds ultra-wide fix

Just in case it helps I'm running on 64x Windows 10 at 21:9 100refresh rate, 3440x1440, i also have no problems whatsoever running cheat engine itself, flawless widescreen or trainer and ultra-wide fixes from other creators.

Share this comment