Message added by Andytizer

8 Screenshots

About This File

The trainers for Xbox/Microsoft and Epic game versions, and patchers for EGS and future versions remove pillarboxing (black bars) from real-time rendered cutscenes, menu and dialogue screens and offer the option to adjust FOV.

Use software like PeaZip or 7zip to unpack the archives. The password is pcgw

Making changes to Engine.ini to increase FOV through Y-axis calculation is no longer recommended, as it gets reset by finishers and possibly other in-game events. Make sure the config is in its default state to avoid unexpected issues.

The mod does not address the cropping of the viewmodel and stretching of FMVs.

In order to force unsupported resolutions, edit GameUserSettings.ini and set the ResolutionSizeX=, ResolutionSizeY=, DesiredScreenWidth=, DesiredScreenHeight= values as desired - e.g. 5760 and 1080. Getting into the settings in the game will undo the changes, so make sure to have configured the game to preference prior to editing the config.

You can buy me a coffee here.

What's New in Version 2.1   See changelog

Released

Completely overhauled the trainer to produce more FOV at all scenes, including dialogue, as requested. It now also displays the current FOV and adjusts everything in real time. Keep in mind that the patchers currently do not include the improvements.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

6 minutes ago, Rose said:

Correct. The trainer is superior but I am keeping the patcher for user convenience and after a few expressed concerns about the (false) flagging of the trainer as malware by some AV vendors, similarly to every other CE trainer.

Awesome, thanks!

Share this comment

15 minutes ago, Rose said:

Correct. The trainer is superior but I am keeping the patcher for user convenience and after a few expressed concerns about the (false) flagging of the trainer as malware by some AV vendors, similarly to every other CE trainer.

Do you have a recommended in game FOV for 32:9 or should we just roll with the stock 75 for best results?

Share this comment

The trainer has stopped working for me on xbox game pass - any idea how to fix this?

Share this comment

6 hours ago, Fontaine said:

The trainer has stopped working for me on xbox game pass - any idea how to fix this?

I installed the Game Pass version today and tested the trainer. Every feature is working on my end. As before, make sure the game is launched first, then press the toggle keys. Make sure your physical keyboard buttons are functional as well.

Share this comment

i cant get it to targeete lock the outer worlds exe in windows app folder any suggestions

adrian aka oldcynic68

Share this comment

19 minutes ago, OldCynic68 said:

i cant get it to targeete lock the outer worlds exe in windows app folder any suggestions

adrian aka oldcynic68

Use the trainer. UWP apps' files are protected from modification.

Share this comment

On 3/7/2020 at 3:24 PM, Rose said:

I installed the Game Pass version today and tested the trainer. Every feature is working on my end. As before, make sure the game is launched first, then press the toggle keys. Make sure your physical keyboard buttons are functional as well.

Very strange, I've followed your instructions, been using the trainer since last year, it's just stopped working! Any other suggestions?

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Fontaine said:

Very strange, I've followed your instructions, been using the trainer since last year, it's just stopped working! Any other suggestions?

Temporarily disabling all anti-virus software aside, I can't think of anything.

Share this comment

11 hours ago, scotscottscottt said:

@cecton There's no executable in your download. What am I copying where? How do I "run the patch"? Could you please clarify? Cheers!

@scotscottscottt Click on the tab "Releases", you will find the EXE there. I will update the documentation, thanks for the feedback

Share this comment

Used the latest release on 1.4 with the new expansion installed, and it still worked for me (21:9 FoV applied).

Share this comment