Omen of Sorrow ultrawide and wider fix 1.0

6 Screenshots

About This File

The tool removes the black bars from the game at 21:9 and wider resolutions.

1. Download the archive and unpack it with software like 7Zip using the password pcgw
  2. Launch the game, followed by the tool.
  3. Press the key as instructed to toggle the fix on and off in real time.

All trainers containing CE components may trigger some anti-virus software.

Tested primarily at 2560x1080 and 3840x1080 on the latest Epic Games Store version kindly provided by cheswick of /r/ultrawidemasterrace.

What's New in Version 1.0   See changelog

Released

A total overhaul for perfect FOV parity with 16:9 at every scene. This likely means 48:9 and wider are now supported as well. The FOV calculation formula is based on killer-m's work.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Similar Content

• By Rose
      The small patcher removes the black bars appearing at the cutscenes and dialogue at 21:9 and wider resolutions. It also corrects the field of view reduction at these resolutions.
      Unpack the archive using the password pcgw Put the patcher in \Lake_Data\Managed\ inside the game folder. Run it and click the patch button. Tested on the latest Epic Games Store version mainly at 2560x1080 and 3840x1080.

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.

Mirrored here.
    • By Rose
      The tools remove black bars from the in-game cutscenes.

Option 1 (reliable; pillarboxing removal):
      Download and unpack the patcher archive. Use the included tool to patch engine_x64_rwdi.dll inside the main game folder. Re-patch in the event of a game update. This solution has no effect on letterboxing, retaining the native vert- behavior compared to 16:9. Option 2 (less reliable; removes all black bars):
      Download and unpack the trainer with software like 7zip (password is pcgw). Launch the game, then the tool. Press the F keys as instructed to remove all black bars. Tested on the latest Steam version at 2560x1080, 5120x1440 and 3840x2160.

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron. My newest fixes are available here.
    • By Rose
      Note: A standalone solution for the Director's Cut edition is now available.

The tools allow for support of any display aspect ratio and real-time FOV adjustment in Death Stranding. The gameplay and engine-rendered cutscenes will properly fill the screen, while the state of the pre-rendered cutscenes will depend on the used solution.

Option 1:
      A trainer automatically detecting any resolution and allowing to make the zoomed pre-rendered cutscenes 16:9. Left alignment of the pre-rendered cutscenes is a known issue. The tool also allows to adjust FOV at any aspect ratio.
      Unpack the archive - the password is pcgw Launch the game, followed by the trainer Press the desired keys - ideally from the main menu and before any cutscenes Go to Graphics Settings and select your resolution under 21:9
      Correcting the aspect ratio may require switching to 16:9 in Graphics Settings, then back to 21:9. Option 2:
      The known ultrawide solution made into patchers limited to common wide resolutions and keeping the pre-rendered cutscenes zoomed.

Tested on the latest Steam version at 1920x1080, 2560x1080, 3440x1440, 3840x1080 and 5760x1080 (HUD is spanned).

I may have been the first to discover the common sense aspect ratio change solution (as seen on the WSGF Discord), but I am certainly not the one who published the bytes first (looks like it was FasterThanFTL). As such, I am not taking any credit for the patchers but you can buy me a coffee or support me on Patreon for the trainer built over many hours of 100% unique research, calculations and code.
    • By AlphaYellow
      This is a patch meant to fix the lack of widescreen/ultrawide/superwide/multimonitor support and allowing different FOVs for the different resolutions. It also supports nGlide and dgVoodoo as Glide wrappers. This patch only works with a No-CD patched MaiDFXvr_bleu.exe, since the original EXE + ICD combination is encrypted using the SafeDisc copy protection.
      More information is provided in the Readme file inside the ZIP file.
      Credits go to: lk19
      Password: pcgw
    • By Rose
      The two-part solution allows to remove the black bars from the gameplay at 21:9 and 32:9 resolutions.
      Download and unpack the archive corresponding to your aspect ratio Run the patcher and target the file as instructed. Copy all the contents of the included folder to the main game folder (\Blasphemous\) Expect some minor visual glitches. Make sure to store and share your save files right away if you run into anything game-breaking. Keep in mind that instances of softlocks were reported before the mod existed, but I am open to investigating any major issues as long as I have your save files.

Tested on the latest GOG version at 2560x1080, 3440x1440 and 3840x1080 for a few hours. Additionally tested on the latest Steam version at 3840x1600 (Scale mode).

You can buy me a coffee or become a patron.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 428 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online