Silent Hill 3 PC Fix by Steam006 2.0.5

About This File

Features:
Allow custom window resolutions
Allow custom rendering resolutions
Windowed mode
Borderless mode
Manual window positioning (For borderless windowed mode)
Disable Maximized Windowed Mode on newer Windows versions
Force VSync
Increase FOV and enable manual control (page up and page down)
Decrease FOV in cutscenes
Display FMVs in 4:3 aspect ratio
Display FMVs in fullscreen
Disable safe mode
Options menu fix
Display 2D elements in 4:3
Display fullscreen pause menu
Depth of Field resolution increase
Shadow resolution increase
Inventory resolution increase
Status Screen resolution increase
Anisotropic Texture Filtering
Remove black bars
Remove borders in cutscenes
Modify fog complexity
Different framerate modes
Unlock Silent Hill 2 Easter eggs
Restore missing dialogue sound
Redirect registry values from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
New save and load system
Wallhack (F1)
Disable DirectX Fog (F2)
Gamma control (F6, F7 and F8)

Install:
1. Copy all the files to your Silent Hill 3 install folder.
2. Configure your options in Silent_Hill_3_PC_Fix.ini.
3. Start the game with DLLInjector.exe.

Credits:
07151129 - sh3proxy
WidescreenFixesPack team

What's New in Version 2.0.5   See changelog

Released

Update 2.0.5:
Performance improvements
Added pixelation fix from sh3proxy
Changed limit of DOF and status screen resolution from 1024 to 4096
Fixed fog complexity default value
Fixed bugs

Password: pcgw

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

19 hours ago, dancsi38 said:

probably your AV detected it as a false trojan and deleted the file and now Windows doesn't find it. Before starting dllinjector.exe, add the .exe file to you AV exclusion list/trusted application list.

That solved it! Thank you.

Share this comment

I have "WindowedMode = 0" and "Borderless = 0" but I think the game is still launching in borderless fullscreen as GSYNC works only when I set it to "Enable for windowed and fullscreen mode" and it doesn't work when set to "Enable for fullscreen mode".

EDIT: Nvm, I figured you need to set DisableMaximizedWindowedMode = 1, which should be the default imo.

Share this comment

Hi, I'm running into what seems to be an unsolvable problem. The injector is ofc detected as a trojan and upon extracting the zip file my laptop immediately deletes the file. I don't even have the time to search it up and add it to my AV exclusion list. One time I did the AV still refused to add it saying it was a harmful file. Now I can still run the game from the normal sh3.exe but every transition is messed up and there are menu problems etc.  How can I add this injector file? I can't do anything since it is immediately deleted automatically.

Share this comment

On 5/4/2021 at 12:35 PM, itdoesnotwork445 said:

Hi, I'm running into what seems to be an unsolvable problem. The injector is ofc detected as a trojan and upon extracting the zip file my laptop immediately deletes the file. I don't even have the time to search it up and add it to my AV exclusion list. One time I did the AV still refused to add it saying it was a harmful file. Now I can still run the game from the normal sh3.exe but every transition is messed up and there are menu problems etc.  How can I add this injector file? I can't do anything since it is immediately deleted automatically.

Hi,

Can you turn off the AV protection for like 2-3 minutes, the time that you extract the file from the zip, place it in the game's folder and add the .exe to the trusted application/exclusion list ?

While the AV is off, you can also try the SH3 fix by launching the DLLinjector.exe file and see if the fix is working for you. After that, you can re-enable the AV protection 🙂

Share this comment

@Steam006 Excuse me but the Anisotropic filter option doesn't seem to be working for me, do you know what factors could be causing this and how to fix the issue?

image.png

Share this comment

13 hours ago, arthandas said:

I don't see anything wrong with that image.

Oh no, the problem is there. Here is a comparison with PCSX2 emulation with anisotropic filtering set to x16. Look at the fence in the distance compared to the image above. : image.thumb.png.82eaf5689f3fd02c2e8afe03e10bcb0d.png

Share this comment

I will download it and it worked for a while. Then my windows security deletes the files. How can I fix this?

Share this comment

Can't seem to get this game to capture in OBS with Game Capture. Window capture does work when I disable "HookDX8". However the performance is incredibly poor. SH3 does work in OBS, I think this is a case of a modified EXE running SH3 EXE and OBS can't pick it up.

For people having issues with Windows Defender deleting files, turn off windows defender - 

Settings/

Update & Security/

Windows Security/

Virus & Threat Protection/

Virus & Threat Protection Settings/

Manage Settings/Real Time Protection - OFF

Exclusions - Add and Remove/

Add Exclusion - Folder your game is in. As a tip, download the file in that folder or HDD if you so choose to ignore the entire HDD.

Share this comment