World War Z ultrawide & multimonitor fix (mostly obsolete)

1 Screenshot

About This File

The mod has been been removing pillarboxing affecting gameplay, cutscenes and menu since game launch and up to October 29, 2019.

After update 1.40, it is no longer required but still removes all pillarboxing from the menu and fixes the stretching issue caused by FidelityFX CAS.

Download the archive and use the password pcgw to unpack it with software like PeaZip or 7-Zip.

Launch the tool and target \en_us\client\bin\pc\wwzRetailEgs.exe in the main folder.

The solution is essentially approved by the developers that said it won't be bannable, then pinned the message on their official Discord.

You can buy me a coffee here.

What's New in Version 1.21   See changelog

Released

Updated the modified exe to support game version 1.21 (July 4, 2019)

Added a patcher that should now work with every version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 minute ago, Rose said:

That's one of the 69 AV engines, and it's obviously wrong. You're free to test it in a sandbox. It's a hack so its behavior naturally triggers some AV.

You can also go for Option 1.

10 engines detected this file

Share this comment

Just now, aroger said:

10 engines detected this file

Again, it is essentially a hack tool and it's a new file so it triggers some AV, same as my FOV changer for The Sinking City and many other patchers / mods / trainers on WSGF and elsewhere.

You can think I'm running a botnet from the thousands of downloads by now but you can also create a completely isolated sandbox environment and patch the file within it, or simply use the modified exe that should not trigger any AV.

Share this comment