Partnership with StrategyWiki

Andytizer

We are in discussion with Prod from StrategyWiki about doing a link exchange with their site. This would be similar to the exchange we currently do with SteamDB in our Infobox template. Our sites are very complementary with no real overlap, and it'll be beneficial for us to link to each other. 

Implementation should be fairly simple - http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Torchlight -> http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Torchlight

On StrategyWiki's end, they could link to us in the same way that they currently link their articles to Neoseeker (e.g. Neoseeker Related Pages). We are also thinking about making our own reciprocal links a bit more prominent, as in its current form they are very easy to miss.

Please comment if you have any thoughts.

Edited by ThatOneReaper
Torchlight StrategyWiki article link was broken.

I don't know it just seems like more clutter to me.

Pretty cool idea.

I don't know what "Notmyhandle" is talking about when speaking of "50% duplicate content"

I think there's a slight overlap in a few things. Looking at the torchlight pages:

* Infobox

* Version info/patch notes

* System requirements

I think you also cover in-game controls on some pages, so that would also be duplicated.

Thus far stuff linked in infobox has been pretty much information about the game, while strategywiki is more focused on actual gameplay of the game. But at least to me that sounds really good thing because of that. 

And there's tons of space in infobox. Most games only have wikipedia and SteamDB to begin with. 

I'd like an SVG version of the site favicon if possible, other than that I'd support it.

Unfortunately, I don't think we have an SVG version :(.

I think it's a good idea. It would definitely help cover all the bases on both wikis.

It also has the potential to remove clutter on some pages (links to walkthroughs and gameplay-focused sites can be removed with StrategyWiki Infobox links as replacements).

I don't see any reason why we shouldn't have it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do others agree with Nicereddy? If so, what text should I put in the label?

As Andytizer mentioned, when I was browsing the wiki, the small icons in the infobox are easy to miss, and not very clear on what to expect on the other side (more info, compatibility, history).  Would you guys be open to increasing their clarity slightly? Or, perhaps just increase their size (maybe 25px)?

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 301 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online