Shadow of Destiny (Shadow of Memories)

Theclaw135

I just created a stub page for this game, but its fatal crash bug on modern systems is a problem.

Have any causes been discovered yet?

We could use other basic info too, like subtitle languages and how to select them. I don't know if the US and European versions differ.

The US manual doesn't mention anything.

Data files with "_j" in their name catch my eye as well. Could they be remnants of the Japanese script (the PC version wasn't released in Japan)?

https://www.playonmac.com/en/topic-11112-Help_me_please_Shadow_of_destiny.html#m45326

It could have something to do with stupid windows codecs.

Using process monitor to see what's loaded at crash time is usually pretty useful.

I read there's a demo around the internet. You might want to upload it here, so even people without the game (with some time to dedicate you >.<) would be able to help.

Could they be remnants of the Japanese script (the PC version wasn't released in Japan)?

Perhaps, but I don't see such a "historic" notion should have anything to do with fixing the game.

And btw, does it work under Vista? Because that's what key point seems to imply, and it seems pretty odd.