White Code Tags

Could we get them back, they looked miles better than the ugly blue ones. I set them to white on my current CSS and I like them so much.

QCIpklO.png

ThatOneReaper requested they be changed back to blue during the skin's development, and I didn't feel too strongly about the white background being inherently better. As this is entirely a matter of preference, I'd like to see if one is preferred over the other by the community. Feel free to chime in with your preferences, everyone.

Tbh I like the blue ones better since it makes it lot more obvious it's a actual file or path. Maybe the blue color should be changed to better match PCGW's style? IDK. Only time I'll disagree with you it seems.

I usually use bold tags for files instead, they are a bit more optimal. I don't really understand how it makes files and paths any clearer though, they are both blue in the end, what do you mean by that? And I just thought it looked prettier, that's all.

Job of the code tag has been to show paths, filenames, config files flag, etc. so most important part of it is to be visible to user once user opens windows explorer, opens up notepad++, changes something, etc. and gets back to webpage to look for next step. Having background color that differendiates slightly from background is almost essential if you ask me. It's basically the same as having table where every other line is slightly differend background color, so you can easily focus on what line you are on.

Of course other possibility is to bold the text, but that would look silly when text is bolded inside black box. 

Not trying to sound too harsh, but is it necessary to open up new topic on every astetic thing you have already fixed for yourself with custom CSS? Just have single topic for all the subjective matters about wikis graphical style and people can input their own opinions on the matter. Because seeing several topics dealing with graphical style with opening of "please change this" feels really negative and that you would like wiki to look just like your custom CSS. 

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 305 Guests (See full list)