Custom Windows service for Borderless Gaming

I simply cannot get it to work. 

sc create BorderlessGaming binPath= "C:\Program Files\Borderless Gaming\BorderlessGaming.exe" type= interact type= own start= auto
Windows keeps whining about Error 1053. I also tried to manually add -scv as a parameter through the registry editor.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
Right now the service is disabled, as it'll be deleted once I disconnect from my current user.

A9PAzEt.png

HUD8WiC.png

I used these commands. Then disconnected from the user to remove the service, if anyone needs to know this is how.

sc stop borderlessgaming
sc delete borderlessgaming
sc query // Shows a list of every Windows service.
I also tried using NSSM. To get the GUI up, CD to the NSSM executable and run this.

nssm install ServiceName // Adds a default name to the service, ServiceName is optional, it's a placeholder name I wrote.
If you wish to delete the service then use.

nssm delete ServiceName

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27263901/how-to-run-a-program-from-windows-service-with-administrator-privileges

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7c146f5c-7873-4f4f-a59e-4fa550625556/

You may try to authenticate the service with local service account.

But it may require the application to be signed with 7 and newer windows

I've kinda given up on this, I'll just start the stupid thing manually. I'll just learn C# and write the stupid service in Visual Studio instead.

No as Windows 8 refuses to launch any programs at startup which require the admin thingy.

• 1 month later...

It's fixed, hurray. I only tried it on Windows 10 but dear god, BG is going to be so convenient right now. I edited my post as I didn't have anything with the author, I was just annoyed that I couldn't get it to work.

​

It's fixed, hurray. I only tried it on Windows 10 but dear god, BG is going to be so convenient right now. I edited my post as I didn't have anything with the author, I was just annoyed that I couldn't get it to work.

Do you mean that the programs that require administrator privileges can now be started automatically on Windows 10? I've moved shortcuts to startup folder, but Borderless Gaming, Flawless Widescreen and SourceGL still won't start with Windows.

​If not, how did you solve this issue?

​

​

​Do you mean that the programs that require administrator privileges can now be started automatically on Windows 10? I've moved shortcuts to startup folder, but Borderless Gaming, Flawless Widescreen and SourceGL still won't start with Windows.

​If not, how did you solve this issue?

It'd suggest you could open issues like mine above on their bug trackers

• 1 year later...