Co-Optimus Network table integration

I'm thinking we should have some sort of Co-Optimus article linking ability in the Network tables (similar to WSGF or GG3D). They are the largest database around that deals specifically with the coop side of multiplayer and I think it would be a good addition to the wiki. Ideally, we can try to get PCGamingWiki links integrated into Co-Optimus articles via a partnership (or something along those lines anyways).

Anyone up for it?

I think a partnership with Co-Optimus would be an excellent idea. Their database is, as you said, quite extensive, and their reviews tend to be balanced and well-suited to discussing why Game X is good or not so good as far as co-op goes. In fact, they even rank the co-op experience separate from the rest of the game overall, such that a game which has a great co-op experience may not be a great game.

Edited by Expack3

Sounds like a good idea, provided we can get in contact with them.

Check the publicly-available Contact Us page. The first e-mail is that of the site owner. If needed, the individual contact info for the site's staff is also publicly listed on Co-Optimus' staff page.

I've sent Nick (the owner) an email and will be awaiting a response.

In the meantime, should I also ask other websites we link to to reciprocate? For example, we link to WineHQ and Steamcharts but receive nothing in return at the moment.

I've emailed Steam Charts and Soeb is going to be contacting WineHQ.

Steamcharts? I've never seen that on the Wiki to be perfectly honest.

Edit: I didn't see the Steamcharts links too often on the Wiki due to working a lot with non-Steam games. I can't say that I care a lot about it though. SteamSpy would be a bit more interesting than SteamCharts to me. There's a whole lot more interesting data to look at, and the website is also a bit better. I never honestly cared too much about the players stats themselves to be perfectly honest. If it were me though I would probably only leave SteamDB and Wikipedia on the infobox, I don't really like how bloated or cluttered it can get.

Edit 2: The forums keep eating my edits, it's really annoying as I can't re-word things too well the third time, how many people click those links anyway? I also said something about, keeping less links on the infobox, if that would be possible.

Edit 3: IpBoard stop eating my edits.

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 319 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online