Dead Space 1 Mouse Improvement

Hi I'm absolutely new to wiki things and I recently found a much better way to improve mouse behavior on Dead Space.

On : http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_Space
The wiki says the mouse lag comes from the 60fps issue. It improves but doesn't really fix the mouse lag properly.

I found out two things that actually fixed it for me and I'm now playing properly with 120fps.

On my AMD I use RadeonPro and changed the Flip Queue Size to 1 or zero. Also have to go into Mouse options for windows and on the Cursor Options tab, turn OFF "Enhance Mouse Precision".
In game vsync turned off.
This made the mouse almost perfect, totally playable, massive improvement, almost zero lag.

The difference to an nVidia card would probably be to just set the pre-rendered frames to 0 or 1.

Should these solutions be posted to the wiki ? Needs more testing ? I really don't know, maybe you guys can figure it out and post there ;)

Well, I personally had no problems when playing with externally vsynced (nvidia adaptive sync) and using double mouse speed from configuration file. Didn't notice any lagging or stuttering at all and played whole game with 144 FPS.

I remember Mirh had some problems with it so I just let that one slide as I have no interest of investigating that any further and game definitely has some massive problems with mouse and vsync. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'll affirm again my position: the game uses some kind of awkward mouse acceleration/smoothing which is framerate dependent.

I made some testing, and as usual the game doesn't care for windows mouse cursor setting (this might happen when game shows you a cursor, like in RTS, or menus).

In the case of Dead Space, though, enhanced pointer precision didn't seem to affect anything, and so is true for flip queue (which is something that you usually touch for stuttering reasons).

Are you really sure improvements didn't come.. just from frame limiting?

I'll affirm again my position: the game uses some kind of awkward mouse acceleration/smoothing which is framerate dependent.

I made some testing, and as usual the game doesn't care for windows mouse cursor setting (this might happen when game shows you a cursor, like in RTS, or menus).

In the case of Dead Space, though, enhanced pointer precision didn't seem to affect anything, and so is true for flip queue (which is something that you usually touch for stuttering reasons).

Are you really sure improvements didn't come.. just from frame limiting?

GTA V has a similar issue, someone added this workaround.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/GTA_v#Mouse_sensitivity_tied_to_FPS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMOyvl-R83U

Nice tool there.

Unfortuntately results were still the same, which means it's not pooling to be faulty.

When you aim and you slowly move the mouse, there's still a massive constant deadzone