Support for older platforms in the infobox game template

Such as the ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amstrad, Apple, etc.

For the not so next-gen games.

There is no good reason to provide support for legacy/"alternative" systems like that. The audience is too niche to be worth maintaining the pages for said info.

Anyways, the fan sites devoted to their respective systems will be far more detailed than we could be.

There is no good reason to provide support for legacy/"alternative" systems like that. The audience is too niche to be worth maintaining the pages for said info.

Anyways, the fan sites devoted to their respective systems will be far more detailed than we could be.

I don't see any harm in supporting older systems, regardless of how niche they may be. As long as the infobox doesn't get insanely long with 8 platforms for a single game or something, I don't have a problem with it.

Release dates for the supported legacy platforms (DOS and Mac OS) should be covered appropriately. Some sites (e.g. MobyGames) might list a DOS version as "PC Booter".

Besides, I would exhort everybody to include a kind of relevant reference for release date of older games.

Because I have already seen lots of times wikipedia (and sometimes even mobygames) with completely different information than the original developer/publisher website