Editing guide

ThatOneReaper

The forum tags seem to be broken (I'm using Firefox).

TUJVKzh.png

We had already discussed this here

Retail vs digital is already a good point then. I mean, it's better than nothing.

Though, considering there were even retail The Sims 3 expansion packs (and we all know how much that was actually the lamest kind of content).. I don't think it's an optimal distinction.

Maybe? I think mobile games should have their own separate header though. Humble Bundle also sells mobile games once in a while though so that might not work at all.

No. The only OSes the wiki should cover are ones of desktop-caliber. Mobile games are beyond the scope of the wiki.

I actually needed to ask this later but forgot. As even though android isn't build to be PC OS, it's still sometimes included with humble store and humble widget by the developer which may be useful information for some if they want to play the game with wide variety of other devices (Phone, Tablet, Nvidia Shield, Android TV, etc.). Also x86 based builds of android can already run wide variety of games on regular PC hardware, haven't tested personally lately but seen videos of 3D rendered games running fine. 

(also seeing some of android games I'm thinking it needs its own wiki with some of those games) 

But of course I never though that android ports should be part of the game article itself, just that its availability should be noted with some manner. And if that's the case, just put it into notes section instead? Same way as browser versions of the games are mentioned, but not covered. 

I don't think mobile games should be covered, it wouldn't really be the PCGamingWiki anymore otherwise.

Yes I know but I don't see the point in covering them at all, people who want mobile games wlll be able to find them anyway. It's as if we started adding PS2 games to the availability table. Optimally we want all the games to be on a single platform (PC).

Yes I know but I don't see the point in covering them at all, people who want mobile games wlll be able to find them anyway. It's as if we started adding PS2 games to the availability table. Optimally we want all the games to be on a single platform (PC).

Ummm... Your sentence doesn't make much sense... 

If console version is somehow directly connected to PC version, wiki does cover it. See Portal 2 for example. Or if game is available for browser as well, it's usually covered in availability as well, even though wiki doesn't cover browser only games and there are several games that either started as browser only games or have both browser and dedicated versions being up to date. 

I would also say that if some of stores selling PC version of the game includes PS2 version of the game with the purchase, I would most definitely mention that as then you could get two copies of game for the price of one! Same with store including Android version, store is offering more for your money at that point. Covering other platforms exclusively on availability table would be dumb, though I must say that covering mobile only games is basically already happening thanks to windows store and universal apps. But saying "this store offers all plus version for your phone" is beneficial. 

I don't really know then, I guess this is beyond me.

Could someone help me with this? I don't know what to write for multiple screenshots of the same menu.

ekCRecg.png

I've decided to start using galleries seeing as I've seen some users actually using these keyboard images on Metal Gear Solid V.

Could someone help me with this? I don't know what to write for multiple screenshots of the same menu.

ekCRecg.png

I've decided to start using galleries seeing as I've seen some users actually using these keyboard images on Metal Gear Solid V.

The guide already talks about how to handle this sort of thing:

• If a menu cannot be completely captured in one screenshot and stitching them together is not an option, upload the screenshots of the menu as a "series". Add a number to each screenshot to distinguish the ordering
    • "(current #/total #)"

So in your case the file caption format will be "In-game keyboard settings (#/3)"

On a related note, for screenshots of remapping menus, just one picture for each input device is enough. The full list of remappable commands is not relevant for the wiki.

• Found PCGamingWiki useful? Please consider making a Donation or visiting our Patreon.
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 390 Guests (See full list)